Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbo indicator lights are out?

Guest Lab guy

Guest Lab guy

The Turbo indicator lights on my digital dash went out on my GL10 Turbo Wagon. Turbo stills works but the lights never come on. Anyone have any ideas? or have wiring diagram?

Thanks.

Guest Hondasucks

Look on your passenger side strut tower. If it's an 85-86, you will see two round black things with vacuum hoses going to them, and wires as well. One of them is your fuel cut-off, the other is your turbo light on the dash. I forget which is which. If you have an 87 or newer, there will be only one switch, which is your turbo light switch. My guess is either the switch is bad, the vacuum line is bad, somethign came disconnected, or your turbo light is burned out.

Guest Lab guy

Andrew,

Thanks for info I found the 2 vacuum switches but I haven't tested them yet. I asume that when their under neg pressure the switches open. Right?

Guest Hondasucks

One of the switches (for the boost light) will close when it sees anything above atmospheric pressure (I.e., boost), the othe rone will close at 9.5 PSI to cut the fuel off.

Guest calebz

I only have the switch for the light in my 87.. does that mean no fuel cutoff for me?... will have to turn up the boost and find out:evil: