Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Crank Angle Help!!!!

Whats The Deal With Code 14-crank Angle Sensor. We're Working On A 87 Gl We Put Spfi On A Month Ago. Its Been Running Great, No Probs, But It Just Quit Today - Sputtered And Quit Like Out Of Gas - And Is Throwing Out Code 14. I Threw In Another Disty Out Of A Spfi Spare Setup Sitting In My Garage And The Car Still Wont Start?? What The Hell...

Take the cap off of the distributer, crank the engine over to see if the rotor turns, if it dosen't you most likely have a broken timing belt and your getting that code because the signal from the crank angle sensor is not changing

Take the cap off of the distributer, crank the engine over to see if the rotor turns, if it dosen't you most likely have a broken timing belt and your getting that code because the signal from the crank angle sensor is not changing

thanks that is what I was thinking.

That was it and its running.