Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

the blinking ecs light of doom

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tysn

tysn

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • g h

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:17 PM

my subaru xt turbo has that dang red ecs light doing its thing again. my ecs light has been on for the last 3 days, yesterday when i just barely gave it gas the light would come on. it was fighting to idle and even died going though a intersection. i pulled it over and it started right up. then i just took it out for a drive like 10 minutes ago and the ecs light will light up for a sec and then go off and it now blinks on and off like that, now how do i get the car to where i can check the codes on the ecu? and what would you thing would be possible problems?

#2 tysn

tysn

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • g h

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:30 PM

no one?

#3 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:45 PM

from the USRM above under the misc section, here's the guide to check the codes: http://www.ultimates...rticle.php?a=44

if both connectors are connected, and the light is blinking, it means that there are no error codes at this time. However, since you're having driving issues, I'd check the codes and go from there.

good luck

#4 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:04 AM

Didn't even have to use the search function to find this one.. It was a fairly recent topic.

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=30413

#5 mdjdc

mdjdc

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,307 posts
  • Richmond

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:05 AM

It sounds like the knock sensor is going or the plug isn't firmly attached. I had a very similar problem with my car and pressing the plug down firmly took care of the problem.. Later I replaced that plug and used some dielectric grease to maintain a good contact. Try the plug before you buy a new sensor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users