Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My blower motor....

No, I didn't supercharge my RX.

My heater fan blower was making an awful racket, shaking the whole car at highest speed and I wasn't getting any airflow. So I figured it was going bad, and that I needed to replace it.

I got a great deal on one from Hattori Hanzo who pulled it from a wagon he was parting out, and shipped it right away. Pulled the old one and found this:

blower.jpg

A bunch of leaves and straw and stuff - and yes, it is off balance by a lot. I think it was somebody's nest.

Anyway, dumped it out, pulled what I could out of the vent, and put it back in. Quiet and good airflow.

So now I need to put this other blower motor up for sale, I guess....

Did same thing with mine about 2-3 years ago - found same stuff - I think there was actually a TSB on some sort of rodent problems in the A/C system - don't know for sure though, but I think I saw something listed on alldata.com - glad you fixed it!

Your lucky it was just leaves. That fan can butcher mice and then you get to empty the bloody remains out. The rodents seem to get in through the air inlet below the windshield. If you take off the plastic grill under the wipers, you can glue some mesh over the inlet holes and it seems to discourage them.