Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ATTN: EA82T tuners

both my cars are muffler-less...

1987 XT Turbo with WRX exhaust from the turbo back, was a little loud for my taste (even with 3 converters), ive grown to love it. gave me a headache the first few days i drove it but it eventually grew on me

1985 RX with the stock exhaust and a straight pipe in place of the factory muffler - more to my liking, but the car is still gutless

I just put on my custom designed catless downpipe. 2.5" OD w/ 1.5" wastegate bypass tube (enters approx 18" from flange) Wraped it with header wrap and put a Jegs three-way hiflow cat after the DP. Continued to the rear bumper with 2.5"

Some improvement in perf. but sounds very rodded, not riced.

Replaced factory intake pipe (coragated rubber hose from MAF to turbo) with a smooth curve section of 3" pipe and silicone couplings. Large K&N cone mounted in inner fender (no engine heat). Cockpit adjustable timing run at approx 25 BTDC at idle.

14 psi boost after the IC, H20 injection and hi boost activated aux fuel injection.

Still will not beat my factory 90 'Teg.

5 speed

Subatoad

If you don't know where you are going

You can't get lost!

My 86 XT Turbo has the factory down pipe, with the cat still intact. After the first factory connector, it's got 2 inch all the way back to the stock muffler location, and there it has a 2 in/2 out glass pack, with nothing after the muffler. It's pretty quite inside, and out at idle...it dosen't really roar until over 4,000 rpm...then it just plain sounds mean...

RedLance