Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 Legacy GT tires...opinions??

Our GT needs some new tires(205/55/16) before this winter and I was wondering what some of your guys opinions might be as to what to get.

I would really like to get Michelins but the price is a little high for our budget right now. All I'm really looking for is a tire that ballances well and stays that way, and one that's good in snow. I don't need high performance tires like V rated or anything, just good H rated is all I need.

Thanks---------------Dave

I recommend 2 different tires:

Being a cornering freak....I have a 2002 GT Wagon and am running BFGoodrich g-force T/A KDWS all season...and love 'em! The wet traction is awesome, the cornering is unbelievable and they are 205/55WR16s. They totally transformed the car from the original tires that came with the car. BFGoodrich is owned by Michelin. They did make an H/V all season rated tire for my car. I think they were called comp T/A's and touring T/A's...not sure which.

A more normal driver....My wife's been running a set of Yokohama Avid H rated all seasons on her Subaru and she loves those.

I bought my tires and got advice from http://www.tirerack.com . I called them up to get most of my questions answered. They may be able to help you out.

good luck!

i am definately throwing in a vote for the yokohama avid h4 it is probably the best all season for the money. great in snow and wet good on gravel and ok on ice for an all season. of course nothig is great on ice except maybe a blizzak or a hakkapelitta. but they arent allseasons now are they?

the avid is good on dry too. its got a reall funky tread design that works to enhance dry grip.

greg