Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

removing window tint

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 legacy91

legacy91

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Springfield

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:42 PM

Does anyone have tips on removing window tint, besides just peeling it off with the help of a razor blade? Thanks!

#2 subarubuddy

subarubuddy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • nyc

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:16 PM

Does anyone have tips on removing window tint, besides just peeling it off with the help of a razor blade? Thanks!

no it sucks.:mad: but i think thats how to do it..but for side windows (i.e. removeable) maybe you can just get different ones cheap at a junkyard. i don't know if theres any near you but in pennsylavania theres one that will sell windows for i think 10 bucks each or something like that, but you have to find the car and get them yourself. if you got a place like that near you it might be worth it, then you'll have less windows to scrape the tint off.

#3 legacy91

legacy91

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Springfield

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:29 PM

Yeah theres 3 good yard with in an hour of me, so depending on price I might just do replace them. Good tip.

#4 Sydfloyd44

Sydfloyd44

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Central PA

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:13 PM

Just did this for a customer.

After you peel the sheet off, spray it down with glass cleaner before you start on it with the razor blade. Change blades often. It is not that bad!! Just keep a towel handy and after you scrape it, wipe the gunk on the towel. This will stop it from smearing all over again. Just KEEP IT WET WITH GLASS CLEANER!!

#5 BattleAxeT6

BattleAxeT6

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 574 posts
  • Philadelphia

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:57 PM

Pep Boys sells window tint adhesive removal.
Check that out before you go too nuts with glass cleaner, people seem to have good results from that stuff.
They keep it right next to the window tint.
Good luck!
Jason

#6 WAWalker

WAWalker

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 829 posts
  • Montana

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

The guy that does all my tinting uses ammonia and water.

#7 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,477 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

WD-40. it may be no good for rusty bolts, but window tint is definately one of its 1000's of uses. it will soften the sticky and make it so its not as sticky as well, you could scrape it off with your fingernail rather easily

#8 91LegLS

91LegLS

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:51 PM

I would visit a local business that tints windows and ask them what they do to remove faded window tint.

It couldn't hurt to ask.

#9 njdrsubaru

njdrsubaru

is this thing on?

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Old Bridge, NJ

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

acetone works wonders

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users