Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what ever happend to the GEN 1 Fourm Post???

so i know that the old post i started went to the mods fourm but what ever happend to it..... what desishion was made...

ive had a few pm's about it from other boardmembers......

i guess if there isnt going to be a gen 1 fourm that will cater to the gen 1 crowd and the 360 crowd(which is subarus ruts but is nul and void on our fourm.) then i have to ask this...

is there a fourm out there that dos. subarus made after gen 1 are my secound favorite cars but the gen 1 cars are my first (subaru) lov and i will go where they go...... :confused:

(sorry if this is a bit emosional but this board is awsome except that there is no suport by the board for pre gen 1 stuff and early stage 1..)

Well you have my support. As you know I have two gen1 subies and I will collect and restore them as I find them. After all these cars the the backbone of the models that followed and shouldnt be forgotten or filed away. All the young new members need to know and see these early models as they are awesome. They are my first choice as well but I love all subarus. I am very one eyed!!!

Kevin

so i know that the old post i started went to the mods fourm but what ever happend to it..... what desishion was made...

ive had a few pm's about it from other boardmembers......

i guess if there isnt going to be a gen 1 fourm that will cater to the gen 1 crowd and the 360 crowd(which is subarus ruts but is nul and void on our fourm.) then i have to ask this...

is there a fourm out there that dos. subarus made after gen 1 are my secound favorite cars but the gen 1 cars are my first (subaru) lov and i will go where they go...... :confused:

(sorry if this is a bit emosional but this board is awsome except that there is no suport by the board for pre gen 1 stuff and early stage 1..)

Probably the same thing that happend with my Pictures forum request.

I say we lable forums by year. 1969-1979; 1980-1984; 1985-1991; 1991-Present.

-Brian

Now why would you do that.. throw in the 1991-94 loyale with the new gen stuff and throw in the 90 legacy in with the old gen stuff.?;)

Tailgate, I'm kinda curious whats up with this as well.. I'll see what I can find out.

I think it would make sense to add a "much older generation of subarus" forum for pre-EA81 stuff. You are right about there not being too much discussion of early gen-1 and previous models. Most of it gets moved to the second or third page rather quickly, and people don't see it that might have useful input. This would also make more sense in my opinion because the "old-gen" forum is by far the most highly-trafficked and could stand to be divided up a tiny bit. Further, it would seem that having EA71 and previous cars in a separate forum would be a more even division. Right now, the new-gen forum covers the EJ variants, which are all pretty similar (if subaru has another new engine designation, I'm not aware of it yet), and the old gen forum is EA82, EA81, EA71, ER27, EA63, and others that were produced before that, many of which have substantial differences in design. If the old-gen forum was just EA81, EA82, and ER27, and there was another one created for the older cars, the forums would be divided up more equally.

Sounds good to me.

Classics being from 360's and "Star series" ff-1's through 1979 for cars and up to '81 for Brats.

Sound right?

Soon the '80-84 crew will have to join the dinosaur club.Something to consider.The EA81 technology is very much EA71 tech based.

Once you hit the OVC engines then you draw the line.My opinion.

So,what I'm saying the future holds is Classics to include EA81 vehicles.

"Loyale" series from '85-94 would then be lumped with the early EJ '90-94 Legacys.That's pretty much a decade span.

'95-present is the "Brave New World".

Any thoughts on what I've mentioned?Im open to ideas and besides......I don't make decisions here.:)

Cheers

Hmmm.... You've got a good point there about the EA81 being very close to the EA71 in technology. However, sticking the EA82 in with the early EJ stuff would be problematic in my opinion, since they are so vastly different. I think keeping the EA81 and EA82 stuff together is sort of a necessity for a couple of reasons. First, those two models comprise the biggest share by far of the "old school" soobs on the road today. Second, a LOT of technical advice/issues applies to those two models. The cars also share a lot of basic design features that are not common with either the newer or older cars.

Dividing up the forums would not be an easy task, especially since Subarus share designs between so many different models and years. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that the line between "old school" and "newer generation" should probably remain between the EA and EJ series cars, since that was the biggest leap in technology in my opinion.

I don't see a ea71/ea81 forum happening. For one thing it will end up with a lot of general Subaru questions that are relevant to the ea82 as well. And would gut the the Older Generation of Subaru forum.

But I am pretty sure there is going to be a Restoration forum dedicated to the pre-ea81 Subarus. As time goes on and fewer people are using the ea81 for transportation, then it may be time to look at adding those to restoration as well.

Truthfully I don't think it is going to be a big seller, there are a very few that still have the pre-e81 around, BUT this site was original two, one was USMB and one was a website owned by Subaru3( about the older ones) And I think it is wrong not to have a portion of the USMB dedicated to the older subaru restorations, we may even get more of the 360 crowd to see what we have.

Richie

Its nice to see there is some support.

i i agree with what alot of you have said i would spilit it like this.

90-present ej's and eg's (svx's)

then all ea82s and ea81s

then everything else..

from 360s stars, up to ea71 and justys. i hate justys but they are another part of subarus history that is missed in the other fourms and might help those owners

Hello all, I've been out of the loop for a while, but wanted to put my two cents in this thread. I have always had a gen one (wagon and brat) Right now my daily driver is an '87 brat. I would like to see a separate forum for gen. ones up to the '81 brat. Thanks, dave.

'78 brat, 3'lift, 14's, weber, roll bar, custom front bumper

'87 brat, stock.

ps. Tailgatewagon, (brian) I'll be checkin in with you to see if we are still on for the tranny deal. Still no hurry, just want to confirm.

Yep, i gotta put that on the adjenda to work with Shadow on when hes not so busy. Sorry for the delays. We haven't Veto'd the idea obviously its going to happen in the form of a resto forum that should cater to just about everything ea81/ea82 and older for all that parts finding, rust repair, etc discussion that so many restoration projects have in common.