Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello, need some info. I recently aquired an 85 Brat with low mileage and and I'm doing some restoration. It had the RH fender crunched so I'm looking. I would like to know if 82 fender will fit an 85. They look the same to me but I've been told they won't, but I don't think they're a reliable source. Any feedback?

Welcome to the forum RCW. There are a lot of nice Sooby owners here and with good repair knowledge. One thing you may want to do is post this in the older generation Subaru section. The new generation section mainly deals with the Legacy line. One of the moderators may move this post. To get to the different areas click on the check mark in the 'forum jump' window near the bottom of the post page and select the area you want to go to.

And you might want to look at aftermarket replacement sheetmetal. I bought a Taiwan fender and Hood for my Legacy and I was pleased with them. Sad thing is both new parts were cheaper than what the junk yards quoted me. Plus, no real prep time before painting with the new stuff.

Thanks, appreciate the info on the fender. As far as the post, I was thinking in Brat terms new generation/old generation. I'm on track now. Looking forward to using the site more as I get my Brat together.