Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

window adjustment?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tom_i_1999

tom_i_1999

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • BUFFALO

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:53 AM

i have 96 legacy wagon. i have a problem w/ the driver door p/window.
it is somewhat crooked when it goes up-the left side of the glass is higher than the rt.-is there some kind of adjustment i can perform? thanx

#2 mwatt

mwatt

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Rockville

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:31 PM

i have 96 legacy wagon. i have a problem w/ the driver door p/window.
it is somewhat crooked when it goes up-the left side of the glass is higher than the rt.-is there some kind of adjustment i can perform? thanx

If this is happening with the glass in the full-up position, there are two glass up-stop adjusters--one of them has come loose so the window goes up higher on that side. The inside door trim panel must be removed. After removing the panel, you'll see the two up-stop adjusters--one front and one rear--along the top area of the door. I (think) the nuts that secure the up-stop brackets are 10 or 12 mm. You'll see that by raising/lowering the upstop brackets, you can adjust where the window stops in its upward travel and you'll be able to "level" it.

Mark

#3 beezer

beezer

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Paris, Canada

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:33 PM

I took a little peek at my 92 Legacy, don't know if there is a different set up for your car or not. The window is driven by a small motor connected to a half circle gear. The window is lifted by an "X" shaped lever system attached to the bottom bar that holds the window (might hafe to see it to understand) It is possible that some water got in there and corroded 1 of the pivot points. Some penetrating oil might fix this. Probably hafe to take the panel off the inside of the door and take a look. Should only be held on by a few screws (1 or 2 might be slightly hidden) and some push tabs.
Sorry slightly redundent, the above post came in as I was typing I guess.

#4 tom_i_1999

tom_i_1999

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • BUFFALO

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:42 PM

thanx people-all set

#5 mwatt

mwatt

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Rockville

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:47 AM

thanx people-all set

And Beezer made a very important point......when the door trim panel is off you should lubricate the pivot points of the window regulator (the "scissors-type" mechanism that lowers and raises the glass) to eliminate any bind in that part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users