Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have 96 legacy wagon. i have a problem w/ the driver door p/window.

it is somewhat crooked when it goes up-the left side of the glass is higher than the rt.-is there some kind of adjustment i can perform? thanx

If this is happening with the glass in the full-up position, there are two glass up-stop adjusters--one of them has come loose so the window goes up higher on that side. The inside door trim panel must be removed. After removing the panel, you'll see the two up-stop adjusters--one front and one rear--along the top area of the door. I (think) the nuts that secure the up-stop brackets are 10 or 12 mm. You'll see that by raising/lowering the upstop brackets, you can adjust where the window stops in its upward travel and you'll be able to "level" it.

Mark

I took a little peek at my 92 Legacy, don't know if there is a different set up for your car or not. The window is driven by a small motor connected to a half circle gear. The window is lifted by an "X" shaped lever system attached to the bottom bar that holds the window (might hafe to see it to understand) It is possible that some water got in there and corroded 1 of the pivot points. Some penetrating oil might fix this. Probably hafe to take the panel off the inside of the door and take a look. Should only be held on by a few screws (1 or 2 might be slightly hidden) and some push tabs.

Sorry slightly redundent, the above post came in as I was typing I guess.

thanx people-all set

And Beezer made a very important point......when the door trim panel is off you should lubricate the pivot points of the window regulator (the "scissors-type" mechanism that lowers and raises the glass) to eliminate any bind in that part.