Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thunder hill rallyX nor cal.

so its rally cross season again. a good way to get out and play without spending all the money on real rallying. lots of fun. low budget racing.

I am trying to get the time off so I can go.(if the GL10 is back in action)

It would be a great event to attend. they also have a rally school you can attend for a reasonable price.

there lots of rookies in WRXs out there to watch spin off the track. thats always lots of fun.

so if anyone is interested I strongly recomend signing up.

http://www.sfrscca.org/RallyX/

Especially since that's the weekend of the 2nd ORG rallycross I believe.

The one down there is on a Saturday, the one up here is on Sunday. Mapquest estimates a 7.5hr drive at roughly 500miles. So If I left right after work on Friday night I would be there sometime between midnight and 1:00am. I could run my laps and do my work assignment then take right off and come back, get a good night sleep and run again on the Sunday, my class on sunday should be in the afternoon so I could sleep in a little. Now I just need to get my boss to caugh up a bonus check and I could pull this off.:cool:

Good luck!

The one down there is on a Saturday, the one up here is on Sunday. Mapquest estimates a 7.5hr drive at roughly 500miles. So If I left right after work on Friday night I would be there sometime between midnight and 1:00am. I could run my laps and do my work assignment then take right off and come back, get a good night sleep and run again on the Sunday, my class on sunday should be in the afternoon so I could sleep in a little. Now I just need to get my boss to caugh up a bonus check and I could pull this off.:cool:

what a savage. you pull that off and we all should be impressed.

Brian- snow tires will put you in open 4wd. thats ok just dont plan on getting first place as a few Rally cars(you know the real kind) somtimes run in that class too.

I have my wife mildly interested in running her WRX too. that might be fun to see.

well it will be a little harsh as I need to work early sunday morning but I think I am going to register anyway.

I saw on I club that there was a possible Rally to the Rallyx. that might be fun. dont think they had many takers though.

Last time I went on a caravan with the I-Club/Nasioc crew to a meet, i almost died... not once but 3 times. The WRX kiddies have NO IDEA how to drive in a pack. It was horrible, whoever was leading the pack was driving 45 on the freeway, and everybody wanted to follow a WRX, so nobody could get onto the freeway since all the WRX's wouldnt make room for them.

This was with 300+ WRX's as well. Me in my Turbo Legacy and a couple friends in theirs.

Anyhow... i dont car what place Im in. If this will be on gravel/dirt, the tires I have now will have no chance at all.

-Brian

yeah I got the Idea that the typical I club 'drive' is not much more than a folow the guy infront of you like you stated. I posted over there a while back about mt. Hamilton runs. they had just gone on a leisurly day run up there and still ran into the local cop(who I know). he gave them a little lecture about no plates ect. and let them off with out any tickets. some of them complained about that.

I said I would be willing to set up a night run with out problems from the police. it would be a bit more chalenging of a pace.... no responce. oh well I tried.

the Rally to the rallyx still sounds like fun as it will be set up similar to a real rally.

well I am registered and there are still openings. lets get out there and represent the old school Rally action.

Tires Brian? you can use whatever. by the time 4wds get out there the dirt track is thrashed. I did it with dirt tires last time but am running street this time. not too worried about it.

Mount Hamilton was the trip! I remember, we met up there that day... you had a toyota tho :\

You wont see me at another Nasioc meet. But maybe we should show up in the GL10 and RX one year just to represent.

Maybe i'll run with the 15's, but i do have a set of 14" alloys that are screamin for some new tires. somehow, i dont think 27" M/T's will fit on the RX (yet).

I open on Sunday's at work, but I can always talk to the boss and swing a deal.

Russ. Will my Intercooler & MBC screw with different class's as well?

-Brian