Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i purchased a 1998 radio/cass/cd off ebay. the cd player has a two wire connector with a red wire and a red/green wire. is the red wire for illumination and the red/green wire for 12+ constant. can i tap into andy red, red/green wire to get the power i need? need any help i can get.

I wouldn't try tapping into any, but there's an easy way to check. Use a voltmeter to see if both run 12+ volts while in the ON position. Then, turn the ignition to ACC or lock and see which one still has 12 V. That's the constant.

I just wired up a CD player for my 92 legacy, and had a heck of a time. Always used an adapter before - apparently no one makes an adapter for subes.

I think in my case it was a red/yellow that was my power, and a red/blue my constant. Or was that the other way around?

i purchased a 1998 radio/cass/cd off ebay. the cd player has a two wire connector with a red wire and a red/green wire. is the red wire for illumination and the red/green wire for 12+ constant. can i tap into andy red, red/green wire to get the power i need? need any help i can get.