Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Legacy ignition cutoff HELP!

My car was fine until today. I have to turn the lights on to start the car due to an anti-theft device that the dealer installed. If you don't do this then the horn goes off. All of a sudden I can't turn the key without the horn going off even with the lights on like I am supposed to do. Is there any way to disconnect this? Turn it off? Help please!

Not that I know of but I'll check. There is a switch under the hood almost directly in front of the driver but no matter which way I flip it I get the same result. It is still at the pharmacy where I left it. It is too bad really cause it is a FWD 2.2L :(. I wonder if I could pull a fuse?

Thanks for the link but I was already there and my sytem is not listed. The weird thing is that the car has no alarm just this weird "turn your lights on or your car beeps at you thing". I apriciate the effort though thanks.

"Are you the original owner of the car?

There may be an alarm that would respond to one of the suggestions on the site e.g. turn key on/off three times, do the hokee pokee etc.. It's worth a try. You'll need the Sube again by next winter when the snow flies in G.B."

You got that str8! I am going down there in an hour, will let you know.

I bought a 99 Leg for my daughter at an auction, the owner died. It has an aftermarked remote starter/alarm system. Drives me NUTS. There is supposed to be a hidden switch somewhere to disconect it, well it is hidden pretty good. To make matters worse it is programed to lock the doors automaticaly every time the door closes. Well, I live in the country and leave the keys in the car fairly often. They also rigged the car so that you can not open the car with the ignition key (I carry the spare in my wallet), it does nothing but turn. It works on the trunk lock, I learned to make sure the rear folding seats are not in the LOCKED position because that is how i was geting back in. Now I leave the electric door opener in the trunk, I just unlock the trunk and push the button to open the doors. I don't put it on my key ring because then if anybody else uses the car they will be stuck..........this story is too long already, but it is not finished.