Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pointers on my 98 Legacy 2.5GT?

I just had a few questions to see what kind of feedback I'd get about this...

1. I get some pretty decent shakes from my Anti-locks about 50% of the time in hard braking... Warped rotors maybe? (Any suggestions about good quality rotors to put in there?)

2. Kinda shakey around 68-76 mph... Probably just uneven tire wear?

3. Passenger side door lock motor "BUZZ"es like hell when i use the automatic unlock... Locks without any abnormal noise... unlocks just fine but makes that buzz noise... Do I need a new lock motor? How hard is it to replace? Cost?

4. Any good idea's where I can get a new hood / front bumper cover / grille?

5. And the last one, This has really been getting to me the last week or two... When I turn real hard and accelerate it feels like it's trying to "Bind up" or something? Could this possibly be something simple like changing out the differential fluids and tranny fluid... or is this an indicator of something a lot worse?

Any input on these would be appreciated. Thanks!

1. They ABS systems brakes many times per second to prevent tire lock up. They are supposed to vibrate and shake a little bit. Pull the wheel off and check the roter...if it is real bad I am sure its something...but it will always have some shaking and whatnot because of the ABS.

2. Uneven tirewear, and it might need aligned and balanced.

4. Look at a junkyard for a car that was hit in the rear (front end will still be good) https://www.1stsubaruparts.com has the hood for about $250 + shipping. The dealer can get it...but you'll be paying a lot more.