Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pictures of the "lifted imps!"

Ratty2Austin

Eric,please let me know when is a good time to tall about this little project.I can toss my lifted EA82 thoughts out the window now.

I'm going out in a few minutes.Call me if you have time,please.

I'll try to call you tomorrow p.m. sometime. My little one is back in the hospital for a couple days after the entire last week. :(

My only time to check this is when I rush home for a minute to feed the dog. . .

Zap...not exactly "ozified" anymore are we?

Just pulling your leg, they look awesome!

Not exactly OZIFIED anymore indeed. . . Just consider the license plate an advertisement. That and once you buy a Personalized plate in WA, it's yours. Not the car's. Only 30 bones a year to keep it. So, sooner or later when I am sporting an ea81ish rig with a PK lift, I can just transfer the plate onto that car. :brow:

What's the clearance under those things?

I'd guess Austin has about 11 inches under the rear diff and 10 or so under the y-pipes. That's adding an inch and a half to the clearance under mine.

The cool thing about these new gens, that so many of us die hard oldshoolers often hate, is that they have camber adjustments at all four corners. You can buy aftermarket plates or bolts to get even more. We can feel free to push the wheels down instead of lifting the body off of the suspension. The cvs aren't really stressed either, the angle isn't very bad at all.

Lots of lift with the ride of a stock Forester/Outback. Still have lots of down travel. I'll be looking to get fid of my 18mm sway bar to gain better travel in the rear.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's an impreza for ya

That picture is years old. . . He's also in Australia. We're doin' fine, workin at getting taller. Mine will be 2 inches taller than the pics seen so far. It's in the garage with the new sprngs, all ready for reassembly.

sweet lookin impreza :headbang::clap:

hope when i finally get the outback struts swapped into my legacy,it looks that good.also gonna have to see about ob tires an wheels.

by the way,those that have legacys,imprezas,etc

would you do the strut swap or lift kit(when an if available)

OK, here's with the addition of Outback springs to go with the Outback struts.

142impside-med.jpg

And here's what the rear looks like now. Approx. 12 inhes under the rear diff,

but the angles on the axles are totally tollerable.

142imprear2-med.jpg

looks like you need to introduce your family of fenderwells to my friend..... BFH!! :lol:

Already been introduced. Got to meet my other friend the Sawzall too. :headbang:

There's no rubbing at all, lock to lock, or at full (lol) flex.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up to all you contemplating the spring swap, the forester rears will not fit on the legacy, so for the rear you will need outback struts and springs.

In a related note, anyone need forester rear strut assemblys?