Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pictures of the "lifted imps!"

Ratty2Austin

Or Forester struts?

i put outback struts on my legacy and gained about 2 inches.. so there's the answer to that.

there's some fab work to be done to put the outback (legacy outback) struts on an impreza, but it can and has been done.

Forester struts should fit an impreza just like outback struts fit my legacy being that outbacks are based on legacys and foresters are based on imprezas.

on a related note, i wonder what would happen if you put baja struts on a last model legacy, being that the baja is based on the legacy....i bet it'd work

it may not be a question of taller, its a question of possible, in order to make the forester struts work in the legacy you have to use the legacy springs and re heat them to fit the forester perch.

Didn't Austin use outback struts? I think i'm gonna head to the junkyard one of these days and see what i can pull off some of the foresters there :drunk: My imp. OBS will get taller this summer, i can feel it!

i put outback struts on my legacy and gained about 2 inches.. so there's the answer to that.

there's some fab work to be done to put the outback (legacy outback) struts on an impreza, but it can and has been done.

Forester struts should fit an impreza just like outback struts fit my legacy being that outbacks are based on legacys and foresters are based on imprezas.

on a related note, i wonder what would happen if you put baja struts on a last model legacy, being that the baja is based on the legacy....i bet it'd work

Right...

So the dealer told me that bajas have an extra inch on the outback their based on b/c the bajas come with little 1" block in the suspension, ergo a factory 1" body lift...

-mw-