Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Scored at U-Wrench it!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Syrinx

Syrinx

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • St. Louis, MO

Posted 03 September 2003 - 09:36 AM

Well I finally wisited the nearest junkyard to my here in St. Louis on th "all you can carry day" All you could carry for $29.95! Only problem was there was only 4 Soobes and they were all 87 or newer. no LSD'S no 4 bolt Rear disks, nothing I could use. So I went to the MOPAR region of the yard (which was pretty much the whole yard since I'm in Missouri!) and proceded to pull air shock pumps. The rain was coming down in buckets!!!! I was drenched and I forgot my Dikes. (had every other tool I needed) So I had to rip the wires..... But I ended up with 4 air shock pumps hopefully they all work. Wiring a couple of them in tandem I will have plenty of onboard air! All for $30.00 I just wish there was some subie stuff. I would have loaded up!! There was big farm boys walking out sith small blocks, hoods on their heads full of parts. Man it was funny. And cheap. I'm going to try and attach a pic.

Kurt

Attached Files

#2 Syrinx

Syrinx

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • St. Louis, MO

Posted 03 September 2003 - 09:37 AM

And..

Attached Files

#3 Syrinx

Syrinx

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • St. Louis, MO

Posted 03 September 2003 - 09:39 AM

They are all off mid-80's Caddy's and Tornado's

Attached Files

#4 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 03 September 2003 - 09:55 AM

cool. I wish the place here had special days like that... always the same. $25 for one of those compressors. I'll have mine at Castana if you want to see how I did mine....

#5 XSNRG

XSNRG

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:49 AM

Darn, I thought the pictures were going to be of the farm boys carrying out small cars on thier heads:-\

#6 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:36 AM

A yard aroundh ere does that once a year. Its great! Thats how I got my 4WD rear end. I dunno if anyone has ever carried an entire rear subframe assembly (only thing I took off was the struts!) but its HEAVY! :eek: Well worth it for $30 however.

McBrat I'll be anxiouse to see your air setup. I was hoping someone there would have some onboard air for airing up tires and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users