Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie and a lurker. I am not a DIY guy at all. I wish I was. I have a very specific list of stuff that needs to be fixed on my 96 legacy brighton. Does anyone know of a qualified and HONEST repair place or mechanic in the city. Preferably in brookyln or queens. I've taken it to a couple of places, but they wanted to "reseal" the engine, for $2400, which I suspect is unnecessary.

Thanks

I live in Queens and use Al's Garage in Syosset. 516 677 0157.

This guy is great and real fair. He is right near the LIRR station so if you have to leave the car it's easy to get back and forth with the train. He will work with you as far as getting there early or late. I work in the City and drive out early to meet him at his shop and take the train into Penn.

The guy has saved me a bunch of money and knows these cars in and out.

I found out about him from another Subie owner I met at a party.

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie and a lurker. I am not a DIY guy at all. I wish I was. I have a very specific list of stuff that needs to be fixed on my 96 legacy brighton. Does anyone know of a qualified and HONEST repair place or mechanic in the city. Preferably in brookyln or queens. I've taken it to a couple of places, but they wanted to "reseal" the engine, for $2400, which I suspect is unnecessary.

Thanks

whats the list? give me specifics and I'll give you a price. i have a subaru only shop in new jersey.

whats the list? give me specifics and I'll give you a price. i have a subaru only shop in new jersey.

Whereabouts in Jersey? Just curious.

I try to do most of my work myself (because I can't afford other options) but once in a while even the best shadetree needs a shop ;)

-Heikki

Thanks for the replies everyone. Here's what needs to be done:

Power Steering pump reservoir o ring is leaking

Upper radiator hose is rotten

Cam and crank seals are leaking, also recommend replacing timing belt and water pump at same time

Right rear cam o ring is leaking

Trans shifter linkage needs to be replaced

<<Power Steering pump reservoir o ring is leaking

Upper radiator hose is rotten

Cam and crank seals are leaking, also recommend replacing timing belt and water pump at same time

Right rear cam o ring is leaking >>

i can do these for $700. (you'll get the complete 60K/120K service. Includes: timing belt, PVC, air, oil, fuel filters, plugs. All lubricants and coolant, brake fluid. ) all price quotes are with OEM parts and labor. i'll have to get a price for the shifter linkage. thanks