Ultimate Subaru Message Board

00 RS springs/struts fit 93 SS?

kidwired

Edit:OMG, I shouldnt post when I'm so tired. Just got back from Tahoe and found an ad for RS suspension stuff for $50. I got so excited had to post.

Guess I'll search now.

I'll try and remain calm and coherent but I can't make any promises.

ok heres how I understand it. Yes the suspensions are interchangeable. for rears you have to use 92-94 top hats. my car is 93 so no prob.

Heres why I am not doing it, Spring Rates. WRX fronts are only moderately stiffer than SS, WRX rears have LESS spring rate (WRX is a lighter rear). The RS springs have less rate than the WRX so the point is rather moot.

Tapered rear springs for the SS. This means the struts and front springs will fit. I have a complete ver5 STi suspension and white line springs along with camber plates for the front and STi top mounts for the rear. I haven't gotten to the point to verify that the rear springs will or won't fit.

The whole assembly with strut tops and everything will bolt right in. I think scottzg on legacycentral has RS suspension on his Legacy.

By switching the rear strut tops with Group-N GC strut tops, I'm putting 2004 USDM STi suspension in my 93 Legacy.

93-01, Imprezas were pretty much the same as the BC/BF (and I think BD/BG). On Imprezas, after 01 the bolt pattern on the rear tops changed, so new strut tops are needed to fit 02+ suspension. For 05, the front hubs of the STi changed. Everything else is pretty much the same, and will fit a BC/BF. I think 95-99 Legacies are also the same. For 00 the rear changed and doesn't fit.

Some of us think that the strut tops are all the same pretty much until 02. 90-99 Legacy tops are the same as 93-01 Impreza tops. The upper spring perch changed.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=2153