Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

AArgh!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RedLance

RedLance

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Crete, NE

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:47 AM

Well, I found out why my XT has been running hot, and not idleing very well. Seems I have only 10psi of compression on the #2 cylinder. All the other cylinder's are fine. So...now I get to yank the engine again, and find out what happened. I'm guessing that the new head gasket either got damaged when I was reassembling, or it was defective when I bought it. Coolant leaks out of the driver's side from somewhere too, which is why I suspect the gasket...although I suppose the head could be cracked.

Anyway, should I document this? I have both a digital camera and a video camera. Would anybody be interested is seeing how this is done?

Let me know.

RedLance

#2 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 03 September 2003 - 12:26 PM

ya do it I think it would be cool for the newbies to see how thats done just don't do what I did and take forever to do it and hell I still don't have it driveable

#3 RedLance

RedLance

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Crete, NE

Posted 03 September 2003 - 04:41 PM

Well, last time I did it, I took 3 years...I'm not doing that this time. I hope to have it done in a weekend. No reason I can't, unless it's a crack in the head.

I'll charge up the extra capacity battery for the digital camera, and have at it then.

RedLance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users