Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

torsion bar adjustment?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dragonwingsubaru

dragonwingsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • englewood

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:42 PM

ok i did a search and couldnt find anything(maybe i just suck at them)and the haynes manual is completely usless(big suprise)
exactly how do you adjust the rear torsion bar on an 87 2wd hatch, im wanting to lift it up a little bit and maybe stiffen it up, since it rides much more mushy than my wagon. i have seen mention of screws but not sure what screw im supposed to even look at?

#2 A DOG

A DOG

Subaru Ninjai for hire

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:48 PM

As far as I know only EA81s had them. But they are under the rear bench seat there is a rubber grommet you pull out and there is a big nut there. That controls the rear height. Have someone watch the rear wheel well while you turn it to see which way you turn to go up or down.

#3 dragonwingsubaru

dragonwingsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • englewood

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:51 PM

well at least body style wise it looks like an ea81, thanks for that info ill check it out and see if its set up that way

#4 dragonwingsubaru

dragonwingsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • englewood

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:47 PM

well there wasnt anything there that i could see ,so im wondering if there is any adjustment at all

#5 spanky_pete

spanky_pete

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:55 PM

Someone can correct me on this one, but since it's a 2wd there won't be any adjustment to be made to the rear. Ordinarily, there is a rubber grommet under the back seat that gives you access to the adjuster.

#6 dragonwingsubaru

dragonwingsubaru

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • englewood

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:59 PM

are you talking about the big 1 in the center???? if so then theres nothing there, man i hope there is adjustment to it because if i dont sell it in the next week(got it in the local paper) then im gonna be using it to tow my 7ft trailer to move

#7 GLCraig

GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:35 PM

Only the 4wds had the adjustable torsion bar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users