Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LIFT OR NOT TO LIFT 84 subie wagon. Keep or not to keep

Ok Ok I gotta know, it is really not a big deal to do a lift? and is the ride better, and why is the back end up like a stink bug?????

Hey can you change out the jugs on the motor like a vw for a bit more power????

Hey my stock carb sucks, what's better...

Just a day in Eugene, Oregon weather to sell or build a Subaru I'm just on the fence....but this Ultimate Subaru place does make it pretty cool.

Thanks guys

Derek Wolf

Ross thanks for the heads up on the lowering of the back, man my ride looked like a stink bug going down the road, even the headlights were pointing down.

Thanks for the information.....Derek

Keep it, lift it.

If its a 4wd, you can adjust the rear ride hieght: Under the rear seat in the middle theres a rubber bung - take it out, then turn the bolt under it to adjust rear suspension.

To keep it or not is completly upto you. Do you like the vehicle? Would you rather have something else?

If you keep it; then on to the lift question. Would you need a lift? Do you have the money, time, and tools to build or install a lift? Also have the money required for bigger tires and rims to go with that lift?

That's my unbiased analysis of your situation at hand. This is the USMB; of course we are going to tell you to keep it and lift it from our biased, opinionated viewpoint ;)

I'm not sure lifting it will improve the ride or handling.

Most all old 4wd Subarus have the stink bug look. That's what makes them unique. That's what I like about them.

Power is a relative term. A good running engine should get you around just fine. If the engine is running poorly a tune up seems to cure most everything that ails that engine. However, you'll never make that engine "fast".

If your looking for fun vehicle that will take you most anywhere you want to go then the Subie is a good choice.

My .02

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Ok Ok I gotta know, it is really not a big deal to do a lift? and is the ride better, and why is the back end up like a stink bug?????

Hey can you change out the jugs on the motor like a vw for a bit more power????

Hey my stock carb sucks, what's better...

Just a day in Eugene, Oregon weather to sell or build a Subaru I'm just on the fence....but this Ultimate Subaru place does make it pretty cool.

Thanks guys

Derek Wolf

Keep it and lift it.

Talk to mudrat79 about the lifts because he makes them to.

I dout it would help the ride. Go with a Webber carb.

You know I call the subie ROXANNE... when she hot...she HOT...but...haha..I been looking at some of the rides on here that have been lifted and they look really cool...so yep I have the money,time,tools, and most of all I have this message board to get advice...So now can someone point me in the direction of who to buy a lift from....This is cool

To keep it or not is completly upto you. Do you like the vehicle? Would you rather have something else?

If you keep it; then on to the lift question. Would you need a lift? Do you have the money, time, and tools to build or install a lift? Also have the money required for bigger tires and rims to go with that lift?

That's my unbiased analysis of your situation at hand. This is the USMB; of course we are going to tell you to keep it and lift it from our biased, opinionated viewpoint ;)

I did the turn under the back seat and got a really cool look now, I was really hanging the tail up in the air before....I am ok with the power I have when I bought the car I had the engine checked out and the garage guy said I need to change the head gaskets that they are leaking....and power loss. But I have really enjoying the car...its really fun to be back into a driving project..Thanks...Derek

I'm not sure lifting it will improve the ride or handling.

Most all old 4wd Subarus have the stink bug look. That's what makes them unique. That's what I like about them.

Power is a relative term. A good running engine should get you around just fine. If the engine is running poorly a tune up seems to cure most everything that ails that engine. However, you'll never make that engine "fast".

If your looking for fun vehicle that will take you most anywhere you want to go then the Subie is a good choice.

My .02

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

You know I call the subie ROXANNE... when she hot...she HOT...but...haha..I been looking at some of the rides on here that have been lifted and they look really cool...so yep I have the money,time,tools, and most of all I have this message board to get advice...So now can someone point me in the direction of who to buy a lift from....This is cool

Here are some lift kit options then!

===========================

http://www.ozified.com

Mudrat Design & Fabrication

I can build Anything Custom

541-206-2494

http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/index.html

• 9 months later...