Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

LIFT OR NOT TO LIFT 84 subie wagon. Keep or not to keep

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Derek Wolf

Derek Wolf

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:27 AM

Ok Ok I gotta know, it is really not a big deal to do a lift? and is the ride better, and why is the back end up like a stink bug?????
Hey can you change out the jugs on the motor like a vw for a bit more power????
Hey my stock carb sucks, what's better...
Just a day in Eugene, Oregon weather to sell or build a Subaru I'm just on the fence....but this Ultimate Subaru place does make it pretty cool.
Thanks guys
Derek Wolf

#2 Ross

Ross

Can't be bothered

• Members
  • 1,865 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:31 AM

Keep it, lift it.

If its a 4wd, you can adjust the rear ride hieght: Under the rear seat in the middle theres a rubber bung - take it out, then turn the bolt under it to adjust rear suspension.

#3 Derek Wolf

Derek Wolf

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:48 AM

Ross thanks for the heads up on the lowering of the back, man my ride looked like a stink bug going down the road, even the headlights were pointing down.

Thanks for the information.....Derek

Keep it, lift it.

If its a 4wd, you can adjust the rear ride hieght: Under the rear seat in the middle theres a rubber bung - take it out, then turn the bolt under it to adjust rear suspension.

#4 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:56 AM

To keep it or not is completly upto you. Do you like the vehicle? Would you rather have something else?

If you keep it; then on to the lift question. Would you need a lift? Do you have the money, time, and tools to build or install a lift? Also have the money required for bigger tires and rims to go with that lift?

That's my unbiased analysis of your situation at hand. This is the USMB; of course we are going to tell you to keep it and lift it from our biased, opinionated viewpoint ;)

#5 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:13 AM

I'm not sure lifting it will improve the ride or handling.

Most all old 4wd Subarus have the stink bug look. That's what makes them unique. That's what I like about them.

Power is a relative term. A good running engine should get you around just fine. If the engine is running poorly a tune up seems to cure most everything that ails that engine. However, you'll never make that engine "fast".

If your looking for fun vehicle that will take you most anywhere you want to go then the Subie is a good choice.

My .02
Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

#6 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:56 AM

keep it if you want a reliable engine series.. EA81s are bomb proof.

350 bucks for a lift, 500 for tires and rims,

A lil hijack, Ross - where is that rear suspensionm adjuster on a Brumby?

#7 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:02 AM

Ok Ok I gotta know, it is really not a big deal to do a lift? and is the ride better, and why is the back end up like a stink bug?????
Hey can you change out the jugs on the motor like a vw for a bit more power????
Hey my stock carb sucks, what's better...
Just a day in Eugene, Oregon weather to sell or build a Subaru I'm just on the fence....but this Ultimate Subaru place does make it pretty cool.
Thanks guys
Derek Wolf

Keep it and lift it.
Talk to mudrat79 about the lifts because he makes them to.
I dout it would help the ride. Go with a Webber carb.

#8 Derek Wolf

Derek Wolf

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:58 AM

You know I call the subie ROXANNE... when she hot...she HOT...but...haha..I been looking at some of the rides on here that have been lifted and they look really cool...so yep I have the money,time,tools, and most of all I have this message board to get advice...So now can someone point me in the direction of who to buy a lift from....This is cool

To keep it or not is completly upto you. Do you like the vehicle? Would you rather have something else?

If you keep it; then on to the lift question. Would you need a lift? Do you have the money, time, and tools to build or install a lift? Also have the money required for bigger tires and rims to go with that lift?

That's my unbiased analysis of your situation at hand. This is the USMB; of course we are going to tell you to keep it and lift it from our biased, opinionated viewpoint ;)

#9 Derek Wolf

Derek Wolf

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:04 PM

I did the turn under the back seat and got a really cool look now, I was really hanging the tail up in the air before....I am ok with the power I have when I bought the car I had the engine checked out and the garage guy said I need to change the head gaskets that they are leaking....and power loss. But I have really enjoying the car...its really fun to be back into a driving project..Thanks...Derek

I'm not sure lifting it will improve the ride or handling.

Most all old 4wd Subarus have the stink bug look. That's what makes them unique. That's what I like about them.

Power is a relative term. A good running engine should get you around just fine. If the engine is running poorly a tune up seems to cure most everything that ails that engine. However, you'll never make that engine "fast".

If your looking for fun vehicle that will take you most anywhere you want to go then the Subie is a good choice.

My .02
Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

#10 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:28 PM

You know I call the subie ROXANNE... when she hot...she HOT...but...haha..I been looking at some of the rides on here that have been lifted and they look really cool...so yep I have the money,time,tools, and most of all I have this message board to get advice...So now can someone point me in the direction of who to buy a lift from....This is cool

Here are some lift kit options then!

===========================
http://www.ozified.com
Mudrat Design & Fabrication
I can build Anything Custom
541-206-2494
http://alliedarmamen....com/index.html

#11 critical_max

critical_max

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Eugene, Oregon

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:58 PM

Keep it. Old Soob wagons are solid gold.

Lift? Mudrat79 (contact info above) just happens to be in Eugene. He can set you up.

#12 beetreesubie

beetreesubie

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:26 AM

keep ur wagon make it the most urban assult subaru u have seen ,then take pics and em here:headbang: on the board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users