Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Spy photos. . . Lifted BAHA

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,137 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:11 PM

Posted Image

There's a couple more on the Rallitek site, they show the blocks and explain the process. They used a Scorpion kit.

#2 dustyrider

dustyrider

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Palisade

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:04 PM

that looks fun now to start playing the lottery!

#3 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:08 PM

Is there any secret information available on when they are going to offer a Dual Range tranny in the U.S. for the Baja?

I want gears to match clearance :banghead:

Still waiting...
Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

#4 dustyrider

dustyrider

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Palisade

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:25 PM

Is there any secret information available on when they are going to offer a Dual Range tranny in the U.S. for the Baja?

I want gears to match clearance :banghead:

Still waiting...
Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

It is a Baja! I see this car as needing a topend not a lowend.:cool:
Some place along the lines of sand dune jumps at sixty.:rolleyes:
:)

#5 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:42 PM

who really? a D/R??? wow i got to stop my dad from car shopping... he wants another car with a d/r like our isuzu rodeo... tow boats out of lakes and what not...

W00t!!! any dates or anything???

#6 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:57 PM

Spiffy

#7 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,137 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:15 PM

that looks fun now to start playing the lottery!

I think so. The write up talks about what a pain it was to install it. I think the kits must be fairly expensive for the BAHA too.

The responses are funny. It's kinda amazing that it's a Subaru, that a guy is trying to prep for Offroad, and still Soob "enthusiasts" hate on it. lol If it's not a rusty old bucket, it's no good. :lol:

A BAHA isn't my cup of tea, (although I gotta say that my buddy's o4 BAHA Turbo is a blast on or off road) but I think it's pretty cool to see one lifted. With any luck, we'll be able to get him (lifted guy) to show up at the WCSS this year. . .

#8 dustyrider

dustyrider

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Palisade

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:48 PM

I Dont know why I havent checked into rallitek before now.

Alot of work went into this lift!
It's going to look nice with some custom bumpers.

#9 spanky_pete

spanky_pete

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:21 PM

Looks cool, I've always liked the Baja, just for the weird factor alone.

I thought John was building them a lift for the Baja. Must have not worked out.

#10 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:12 PM

I doubt I could afford the price of the kit, much less the Baja. But it does look cool.

#11 mudrat79

mudrat79

Banned

• Banned
  • 697 posts
  • Eugene,

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:26 PM

I am still working with Sean on a kit for his Baja....This guy bought an Aussie Kit from an outfit down in California....

Sean cussed it for 2 days installing it.....It had issues....

Once we Proto-Type our Design on his Ride , We will start selling them thru Rallitek to folks.....

Major Difference between the Aussie Kit and the One we are doing is Tire Clearance......:) That one doesn't gain anything for larger tires....Ours will let you go as far as you are willing to trim the fenders..... :slobber: :eek:

I do have to say the Guy Left Rallitek Packing one Of My Baja Bumpers.....Should have it Mounted shortly if Not already...... :headbang:

Later, John

#12 dustyrider

dustyrider

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Palisade

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:45 PM

Major Difference between the Aussie Kit and the One we are doing is Tire Clearance......:) That one doesn't gain anything for larger tires....Ours will let you go as far as you are willing to trim the fenders..... :slobber: :eek:

take the fenders off I say!

#13 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:06 AM

rallitek should start selling fiberglass fender replacements when these lifts start selling... i see them all the time on trucks and what not... give them a real clean look...

hopefully we'll see all these new gen vihicles with lifts on them at wcss7!!! can't wait... 93 MORE DAYS!

still trying to talk my dad into getting one of John's bumpers for the legacy... but my dad doesn't want to smash through the fence, he just wants to stop in front of it... he kills the fun...

#14 spanky_pete

spanky_pete

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:37 AM

I am still working with Sean on a kit for his Baja....This guy bought an Aussie Kit from an outfit down in California....

Once we Proto-Type our Design on his Ride , We will start selling them thru Rallitek to folks.....

I do have to say the Guy Left Rallitek Packing one Of My Baja Bumpers.....Should have it Mounted shortly if Not already...... :headbang:

Later, John

Very cool, glad to hear it you're still working on it. There's nothing a little american ingenuity can't improve on. :lol:

#15 Perry

Perry

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Herndon

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:45 PM

John,

How are you going to improve tire clearance? As you said, you don't get any greater clearance for tires with the Scorpion lift, but that is because of the wheel openings and the inner fenders. What is your solution. I want bigger meats!

I already have the Scorpion springs in my 03, which are really great! Will that interfere with your kit? Want a test mule? ;-)

Perry

Later, John

#16 mudrat79

mudrat79

Banned

• Banned
  • 697 posts
  • Eugene,

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:13 AM

The Kit we Are looking to do will utilize Aftermarket Springs....
Sorry Perry....

I can't give out the secret yet, but suffice to say, that if your willing to trim a bit of fender you can get much Larger Meats on anything you stick this Kit into.....

Later, John

#17 Perry

Perry

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Herndon

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:46 AM

Are they the springs from King? They are good springs, a great upgrade.

The Kit we Are looking to do will utilize Aftermarket Springs....
Sorry Perry....

I can't give out the secret yet, but suffice to say, that if your willing to trim a bit of fender you can get much Larger Meats on anything you stick this Kit into.....

Later, John

#18 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,132 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:57 AM

rallitek should start selling fiberglass fender replacements when these lifts start selling... i see them all the time on trucks and what not... give them a real clean look...

I believe "cut out flares" is the term?

Those would rock if someone could make em for a baja!

#19 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:19 PM

Flowmastered87GLI believe "cut out flares" is the term?

Those would rock if someone could make em for a baja!

those would look good too... but no thats not quite what i'm talking about...(your talking about fender flares that you install after trimming your fenders right???)

no these flares replace the whole fender... they have a flare built into them and larger wheel openings... they look just like a factory fender just wider and have a larger diameter for the wheel... i saw it on "trucks!" on a ford ranger(EEEWWW) that was being made for pre-running... they looked real slick...

#20 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,081 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:36 AM

the lift is nice, but when will we see aftermarket jump seats??!!

#21 Andyjo

Andyjo

I'm Not Austin!

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Windham NH

Posted 20 May 2005 - 01:34 PM

fenders are overrated. it's always nice to see your suspension working :drunk:
you could just get out a sawzall... and fix that fender problem =x

#22 jamba

jamba

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Sac-town

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

TO BOTH PARTIES.

Please try to resolve your issue off of the board.

#23 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,081 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:59 AM

No, seriously, has anyone ever thought about aftermarket jumpseats for the Baja?

#24 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,872 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:47 AM

No, seriously, has anyone ever thought about aftermarket jumpseats for the Baja?

I want jump seats for my Brat... I think there a great idea.

#25 dcsolorunner

dcsolorunner

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • East Dallas

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:46 AM

me and my dad installed homemade cedar jump-seats in my 03 baja since it already had a notch for a 2x4 going across the back we're currently also doing some home-made upolstry to make it more comfortable it actually looks pretty cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users