Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spy photos. . . Lifted BAHA

ezapar

Is there any secret information available on when they are going to offer a Dual Range tranny in the U.S. for the Baja?

I want gears to match clearance :banghead:

Still waiting...

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

It is a Baja! I see this car as needing a topend not a lowend.:cool:

Some place along the lines of sand dune jumps at sixty.:rolleyes:

:)

that looks fun now to start playing the lottery!

I think so. The write up talks about what a pain it was to install it. I think the kits must be fairly expensive for the BAHA too.

The responses are funny. It's kinda amazing that it's a Subaru, that a guy is trying to prep for Offroad, and still Soob "enthusiasts" hate on it. lol If it's not a rusty old bucket, it's no good. :lol:

A BAHA isn't my cup of tea, (although I gotta say that my buddy's o4 BAHA Turbo is a blast on or off road) but I think it's pretty cool to see one lifted. With any luck, we'll be able to get him (lifted guy) to show up at the WCSS this year. . .

I am still working with Sean on a kit for his Baja....This guy bought an Aussie Kit from an outfit down in California....

Sean cussed it for 2 days installing it.....It had issues....

Once we Proto-Type our Design on his Ride , We will start selling them thru Rallitek to folks.....

Major Difference between the Aussie Kit and the One we are doing is Tire Clearance......:) That one doesn't gain anything for larger tires....Ours will let you go as far as you are willing to trim the fenders..... :slobber::eek:

I do have to say the Guy Left Rallitek Packing one Of My Baja Bumpers.....Should have it Mounted shortly if Not already...... :headbang:

Later, John

rallitek should start selling fiberglass fender replacements when these lifts start selling... i see them all the time on trucks and what not... give them a real clean look...

hopefully we'll see all these new gen vihicles with lifts on them at wcss7!!! can't wait... 93 MORE DAYS!

still trying to talk my dad into getting one of John's bumpers for the legacy... but my dad doesn't want to smash through the fence, he just wants to stop in front of it... he kills the fun...

I am still working with Sean on a kit for his Baja....This guy bought an Aussie Kit from an outfit down in California....

Once we Proto-Type our Design on his Ride , We will start selling them thru Rallitek to folks.....

Major Difference between the Aussie Kit and the One we are doing is Tire Clearance......:) That one doesn't gain anything for larger tires....Ours will let you go as far as you are willing to trim the fenders..... :slobber::eek:

I do have to say the Guy Left Rallitek Packing one Of My Baja Bumpers.....Should have it Mounted shortly if Not already...... :headbang:

Later, John

Very cool, glad to hear it you're still working on it. There's nothing a little american ingenuity can't improve on. :lol:

John,

How are you going to improve tire clearance? As you said, you don't get any greater clearance for tires with the Scorpion lift, but that is because of the wheel openings and the inner fenders. What is your solution. I want bigger meats!

I already have the Scorpion springs in my 03, which are really great! Will that interfere with your kit? Want a test mule? ;-)

Perry

Later, John

The Kit we Are looking to do will utilize Aftermarket Springs....

Sorry Perry....

I can't give out the secret yet, but suffice to say, that if your willing to trim a bit of fender you can get much Larger Meats on anything you stick this Kit into.....

Later, John

Are they the springs from King? They are good springs, a great upgrade.

The Kit we Are looking to do will utilize Aftermarket Springs....

Sorry Perry....

I can't give out the secret yet, but suffice to say, that if your willing to trim a bit of fender you can get much Larger Meats on anything you stick this Kit into.....

Later, John

Flowmastered87GLI believe "cut out flares" is the term?

Those would rock if someone could make em for a baja!

those would look good too... but no thats not quite what i'm talking about...(your talking about fender flares that you install after trimming your fenders right???)

no these flares replace the whole fender... they have a flare built into them and larger wheel openings... they look just like a factory fender just wider and have a larger diameter for the wheel... i saw it on "trucks!" on a ford ranger(EEEWWW) that was being made for pre-running... they looked real slick...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...