Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Spring Cleaning.....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roundeye

Roundeye

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LA (Lower Alabama)

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:30 PM

I replaced the resistor set for my HVAC fan today (imagine that.....one of those going bad:rolleyes: ). While I was there, I pulled the fan to make sure it was clean. DAMN. It was full of leaves, insulation and acorns (damn mice). I stuck an inspection mirror in the fan housing and looked at the A/C evaporator....HOLY S#!T. It was packed with leaves blocking more than 50% of the fins. So I stuck the vacuum hose in there and cleaned it out. It was incredible just how much crap was in there. Now the A/C is crazy cold. I gotta do my others now. I highly recommend you do the same. It made one helluva difference in my A/C.

#2 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:58 PM

whats an easy way to access it? I have seen leaves come out of my vents and im sure it needs it.

#3 85Sub4WD

85Sub4WD

EA82 Junkie

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Raleigh NC/Charlotte NC

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:47 PM

I agree that it is a good idea to clean it - and it is easy to do - remove the passenger side kickpanel, and right above it is the blower motor - not that hard to remove either - thought my blower had gone bad, but it was really leaves and other crap

#4 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:30 PM

so i took out the blower motor and indeed there were leaves and stuff in the fins. but do you really reach throgh the hole to the evaporator to clean it out? i cant see the darn thing through it.

#5 Roundeye

Roundeye

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LA (Lower Alabama)

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:56 PM

so i took out the blower motor and indeed there were leaves and stuff in the fins. but do you really reach throgh the hole to the evaporator to clean it out? i cant see the darn thing through it.

Yes. Stick a small mirror in the hole and look left. You will see the evap. (and leaves, insulation, pine straw, etc.) Stick just the hose part of a vacuum in there and feed it in that direction. It's tight, but worth the effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users