Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi, just bought a 1995 Subaru Legacy L sedan (auto) with 155k miles. Runs like a champ and body's in great condition. Had some minor tune-up stuff done to it so far - put in a new battery, new air filter, had the oil changed. The only thing i haven't done is have the transmission fluid changed. Any thoughts on this? A local shop has a deal on a trans. fluid change w/ filter. Do I want to do this or should i just add fluid? I noticed when i park on an incline, it is tough to shift into a gear. Is this an indication of low transmission fluid? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

With that many miles, it might be a good idea to change the trans fluid and replace the filter. No knowing when the last fluid/filter change occured. I'm not sure how good most lube places are with cars, I usually do the maintenance work myself (saves on fingerpointing), but if it is reputable, give it a shot. Personally I would go to a dealer, but they turn out to be more expensive for a simple fix up. Just my $.02 Good Luck and enjoy your new ride!

ScoobySchmitty

:banana: