Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where to get Weber adapter plate?

Looks like I finally scored a VW bus with a kennedy adapter already on it. A few years ago I found a site that sold the Weber carb adapters seperately for like $35. What site is it?

I have a great running EA-81 that I am going to put in my camper bus using this kit. I also have two weber carbs with plates for VW's, obviously, I need the plates for the subie motor.

Still have many parts and cars if anybody interested.

Mark

LostWater@LostWater.com

74 Westfalia soon to be Busaru

many subarus, some can be made drivers cheaply

I was planning on pulling the manifold from a carb'd ea-82 wagon that I have on the farm and getting that cleaned up a little. It has bigger passages than the EA-81 manifold and it bolts right onto the EA-81 engine. So I will need a weber adapter to EA-82 carb manifold. Don't want to spend lots of money on a custom manifold for only 20 hp overall gain (stock type 4 VW is 67, I figure EA-81 with Weber and EA-82 manifold should get 85-95 hp) If I were putting the cash out for a EJ-25, then I would certainly spend more money on breathing.

Hay have you thaught about building a custom manifold to take the webber?