Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Swap is ON

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 All_talk

All_talk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • Thorp (Ellensburg)

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:02 AM

Well, the deal on the '91 Legacy SS didn't workout so it looks like I'm back to plan A... EJ22T into the '87 RX (its what I really wanted anyway :-p ). I'm going to pick up the swap donor tomorrow, then I need a 5MT trans (the donor is an auto), and I should have some money left for some mods... maybe a VF39 and Sti TMIC. :brow:

I'll try and keep the group updated along the way, if I bust my but I might even have it rollin by WCSS. Hmmm, what do you call 250hp in a RX... Totally Irresponsible!

Gary

#2 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:07 AM

Good luck with the wrenching.

#3 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:57 AM

keep up updated, i wanna see this.

#4 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,137 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:24 AM

If anybody wants to see an RX with an EJt in it, running and driving, it would be me.
Ask 'em. lol

Can't wait to see it. :headbang: :burnout:

#5 garner

garner

Brat Master Flash

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Vilas, NC

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:18 PM

and I should have some money left for some mods... maybe a VF39 and Sti TMIC. :brow:
Gary

careful with that vf39, my heavily modded WRX friends call it the "tranny breaker"

other than that, your on the track of one mean ride, can't wait to see it...

wanna race?

garner

#6 CHIM

CHIM

I think i can break that.

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • Oregon

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:52 PM

Well, the deal on the '91 Legacy SS didn't workout so it looks like I'm back to plan A... EJ22T into the '87 RX (its what I really wanted anyway :-p ). I'm going to pick up the swap donor tomorrow, then I need a 5MT trans (the donor is an auto), and I should have some money left for some mods... maybe a VF39 and Sti TMIC. :brow:

I'll try and keep the group updated along the way, if I bust my but I might even have it rollin by WCSS. Hmmm, what do you call 250hp in a RX... Totally Irresponsible!

Gary

250hp?, is that what the EJ22t produce?, Or is that what your planning on making it have?

If so, what's it have stock?

~CHIM~

#7 All_talk

All_talk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • Thorp (Ellensburg)

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:10 PM

wanna race?

Sure, but just for fun... and I'm sure its gonna be fun. :grin:

CHIM, Stock the EJ22T (technically I believe its a EJ22G) is 160hp, 180ft/lb T (crank). The 240-260hp range seems to be within easy reach with a few mods and rumor has it the the stock bottom end is good to 300+.

I recently talked with a guy that has a Legacy SS with a VF39 @ 15psi, a large top mount IC, 410cc liberty injectors, JDM twincam heads and (I'm sure) some intake and exhaust mods, he claims to be in the 250hp range. And all that under the stock ECU.

Gary

#8 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:10 PM

160 stock IIRC

#9 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:04 AM

ive heard that it takes an act of god to damage the botom end, its one of the strongest production engines that they have made.

#10 operose

operose

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Potsdam

Posted 16 April 2005 - 05:31 PM

sweet sweet sweet power to weight ratio ! :drunk:

sounds like it's gonna be one mean ride...

#11 XSNRG

XSNRG

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:25 PM

ME TOO!!!

If anybody wants to see an RX with an EJt in it, running and driving, it would be me.
Ask 'em. lol

Can't wait to see it. :headbang: :burnout:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users