Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help with front speaker install!

:confused: I own a 97 impreza outback sport. I have new speakers that need to be installed in the front doors but I am not sure how to go about taking off the inside door panel to get to the speakers. I managed to pull out the clips from the middle of the door down but met resistance toward the upper part of the door. The area I unclipped was not large enough to fit a screwdriver through.

I do not want to damage the door or the power windows and locks. If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks, allen............

Ok, I'm assuming that Subaru has not changed their basic layout for doors, besides the different models. I know on my Legacy, you have to remove the screws holding the interior door handle, pop the plastic temp rivets that hold the door secure, then lift UPWARDS on the door to pull it out. It works better when you have the window rolled down, and, if you have a little triagular piece of plastic on the interior, where the mirror mounts, remove that as well. not sure if it is screwed in or just has rivets (1st gen Leg's it was a snap in piece). Also, remember to unplug the connector for the power W/L! Hope this insight helps, just remember, this is a Legacy, not an Impreza! Maybe, just maybe, the apples don't fall far from the tree. Peace, out.

:banana: