Ultimate Subaru Message Board

well after gettin my 95' 2.2L engine outa the impreza donor car.. i set in to putting it in today..

started at 9:30 finish and drove the OBW for the first tim in a couple months at 4:30.. woulda took less time but i had to take it back out a 2nd time cause the wrx torque converter and flex plate would not work.. had to put my 2.5L flex plate and converter on..

anyways, everything plugged right in.. had to cap off a couple vacuum lines that go to a charcoal canister my OBW does not have.. otherwise all went very smoothly..

power wise its about the same as havin a 2.5L in there.. i notice a littel bit less power when stomping it at 60mph.. doesn't have the get up and go quite like the 2.5L but is deffinitely good enough..

so my outback's on the road again.. with the cost of what i paid for it with a bad motor and the cost of gettin this used 2.2l from a trusted source (and i rode in the impreza so i knew the motor was good) i'm in this 99' OBW about $1400 including tax,tilte and tags, lol.. not going to complain about that..

off to bed now i'm beat after todays work..

ohh i also installed a 6 disc changer from an 04' wrx too :grin: