Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for someone as close to Eugene, Oregon as possible to do a 5-speed swap on a 92 SVX. or has a shop to rent out. It has a dead auto tranny now and has been sitting at my mechanics shop for over a month and half. It will be another 2-4 weeks before he can start it. I would like to have it done sooner. I have the donor parts from a 98 Forester as well as a basic 5-speed kit from Small Car.

Looking for someone as close to Eugene, Oregon as possible to do a 5-speed swap on a 92 SVX. or has a shop to rent out. It has a dead auto tranny now and has been sitting at my mechanics shop for over a month and half. It will be another 2-4 weeks before he can start it. I would like to have it done sooner. I have the donor parts from a 98 Forester as well as a basic 5-speed kit from Small Car.

I'm also interested in the job. There is a shop I can rent out in Richmond CA. What are you interested in paying for the labor (did you say that you have all the parts?)? I can tow it down as part of the package.

California is too far for me. I would like to keep it within 100 miles of Eugene, Oregon. I'll rent a U-haul trailer to tow it somewhere. I've gotten estimates of $1400-2000. So I'm willing to pay within that range or less.

OK, I mainly offered because I have a bit of familiarity with this car, in that I have worked on them before. . .

And John hasnt jumped on the task of doing this?? How about a 5 speed DR SVX :brow:

actually that's where it is sitting now. He's too busy with other stuff to work on it. He just finished putting a 5-speed D/R in my Forester. I don't need a D/R in the SVX as it will be my daily driver. I'll use the Forester for recreation.

What He is trying to say is he is Too Impatient To take his Turn to get this One Done.....I just had his Forester In the Shop for 2 Weeks Doing the Hi-Lo LSD swap.....Did that Job for MEGA CHEAP....As a Learning project......Lost My A** on it in Fact....

But I'm not crying over it cause I can say I built and Installed The First......AWD to 2WD/Hi-Lo 4x4 Conversion with LSD front and Rear in the U.S.

Now He wants Me to do The SVX next, but I have to get Bakerman's Brat Done Next....Before I tear into the SVX.....

Have Patience Shane.....Go try and Break the Forester .....:)

Your Friendly Neighborhood Mechanic with only One Brain and 2 Hands......:(

Guess I need to Clone Myself......????

John.

when I get the SVX going. I'll then try to break the Forester. I need a vehicle to fall back on when the Forester breaks. I did take the Forester up to S Rock yesterday and played around a little. Didn't try any Hardcore stuff though. But the 4wd and LSD's work great. With Low-range I'm able to drive much slower now up and over stuff.