Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well I guess I am the n00b around here and its interesting getting on a new place... I have been working on Honda's for about ten years and have gotten tired of ricers and know it alls ruining the rep for the true honda enthusiasts. I am the new owner of a GF8 Impreza and am enjoying the hell out of the power and lack of. So here is my question:

I am wanting/going to swap out the 1.8l out for either the EJ20DET or DETT still debating (input on that would be great). I am leaning more towards the TT. My brother and I own a Tuner shop in Texas (he is the sole owner now, I had to move on) , but we have connections in Japan and I want to get the engine direct from Japan. I am wondering what all I will need and what extra's I will need to get.

Also how will or if the EJ18 bolt up and or handle the power of the turbo. Also what type of turbo's besides the IHI will bolt to the EJ turbo manifolds

What kind of mods do you all recommend on the tranny side to handle this kind of horse I am really looking to build a 300+ hp daily driver since that is what it will be while I have my 240SX under the knife for 8 months?

TIA and I look forward to posting here and making it my new home on the web!

don't waste your time thinking of the twin turbo swap. It will not fit in the LHD cars, without major shoe horning.

Best bet, go get a used USD WRX motor and swap it in. That's going to be the easiest and probably cheapest route.

May also want to check out http://www.nasioc.com if you haven't already.

Also, just to note, those engine designations are incorrect. It's just EJ20T & EJ20TT. There are different varients of the EJ20 blocks, which get letters on occasion, eg EJ20G. But there isn't any DET or DETT, those are nissan motor designations that have some how found there way to subaru motors through misinformation on the internet.

I have to agree with tre-7 on this one. I would go with a stock WRX motor and build from there. BUT, since you already have JDM connections, I would definitely go for a EJ20T from an STi. Better yet, maybe you can find a front clip instead. :brow: As far as a transmission is concerned, I believe the stock AWD tranny is able to handle 300 HP or better, but don't hold me to this. Keep us updated on this future Honda Killer! :D

ScoobySchmitty

PS, do you have the SRD20DET saki-sipper in that 240? Just curious :D

Ha ha currently in the 240 is the SR20VET and I like it but I am all about hybrid so I am going with the RB26DETT Skyline and doing the single T66 Ball Vearing by HKS hoping to run 20-28psi and have one sick drag machine...

I have checked out NASIOC it is good too, I have gotten a lot of information and have narrowed it down to the STi V6 or the STi V5RA, so I will be putting the call tomorrow on this and see what I hook.

I am more stoked doing my suby than I am going my 240, but I just cannot wait to EAT SOME FRIGGIN RICER'S in their honda's, I have come to have less respect for the people behind the wheels of honda's and it is just due to the ricers out there, I have alot of good friends that are cool as hell and drive honda's but majority rules... Soon they will be choking on my exhaust and I will see them getting tiny in my rear view mirror

I knew a guy who had a S14 version 240SX, with the factory KA24 block that he turbo'ed, and BIG TIME!!! He dynoe'd at 500hp I believe? Haven't heard anything from him in a while. Goes to show that those iron-block KA24's have potential too :brow:

Some lofty plans, eh? Sounds waaay cool. Josh's advice on giving up the EJ20TT is true, the primary turbo would occupy the same space as the LHD brake MC. Some people are buying RHD Legacy postal wagons and doing swaps for this reason, although I haven't seen any completed ones...

I agree to get a STi gearbox somewhere. That should ease your mind about sending your stock tranny into orbit...

Import Racer, could you please refrain from posting your signature in every post you make? Some people may find the content offensive, and I find it to be rather long.

Street racing is rather juvenile and dangerous to other drivers on the road. Please don't buy/build a subaru for racing on public streets. Enjoy your car by all means, but keep racing for track days. I suggest joining a local car club and attending their autocross events where subarus generally do well when driven properly.

Originally posted by remarcable

Import Racer, could you please refrain from posting your signature in every post you make? Some people may find the content offensive, and I find it to be rather long.

Street racing is rather juvenile and dangerous to other drivers on the road. Please don't buy/build a subaru for racing on public streets. Enjoy your car by all means, but keep racing for track days. I suggest joining a local car club and attending their autocross events where subarus generally do well when driven properly.

No one ever said that I Street Race RIGHT!

First off I am a member of the RASR

I have owned three shops and consider myself as an "example" and you lead by example right...

second off I am getting tired of seeing Honda's being the dominating hybrid when their engineering is not the surpassing. It just seems like they are dominating the market

Thirdly I got my Subaru for a change, I have been working and tuning mostly Honda's for the past ten years and am tired and consider myself as Super Knowledgeable when it comes to Honda's and Acura's...

I am part of a Local Club and web Forum (moderator), I am also a member of SCCA and NASA, I am looking more to do rally, I dont think I would have a 500+ HP 240 for Rally or Autocross RIGHT...

I have booked to go to Team O'Neil Rally school to further my experience and credentials ie. Skip Barber, NASA, SCCA, GT2, Solo class, stock class, GTP you get the idea...

So do tell me what a Signature is for then... :boohoo: There are no links or image links and find it rather long then ignore it.

For anyone that doesn't know what the acronyms in the post are then email me I would be happy to teach some of you a few things but not from this site...

Enough said I will have to say goodbye :wave: to this site and will NOT refer anyone to it... WTG Remarcable, way to make an impression....:brow: there you are no sig in this post

Peace

I in no way meant to insult anyone and am simply trying to keep things working smoothly with the least amount of idiocy and excessive wasted space.

If you feel offended enough to leave then you are, of course, welcome to do so. Assuming those long lists of credentials and acronyms are to be trusted, you are also more than welcome to stay and share your wealth of knowledge with people still learning.

It's just an internet message board. I've never understood how or why people get so worked up over this type of communication.

Your post was reported because of your signature, and I was merely acting on the wishes of other members of the community by asking you to do something about it.