Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS7 collector's glasses poll

Hey Gang,

I have volunteered to handle this years glasses for the WCSS.

I need some opinions/feedback. Please respond to the following questions in as concise a fashion as possible.....

1. Type of Glass: Mug or Pint Glass?

A lot of folks, although very fond of their WCSS6 Mugs find them better for storing change or bottlecaps of simply sitting on a shelf. To me, pint glasses would get used almoast daily.

2. Type of "decoration"? Sandblast Etched or Screen Printed?

Sandblast Etch pros: Cool, 3 dimensional logo or graphic, customizable, ie you can have your name on the glass/mug

Sandblast Etch cons: Expensive, design can only be 1 color and not too detailed

Screen Printed pros: Multiple color printing, more elaborate and detailed graphics, inexpensive

Screen Printed cons: No easy way to customize with name

3. Which logo do you like from this thread http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32579&page=1&pp=10

In terms of pricing, I'm just estimating right now but heres my guess

Mugs Etched with name $15 or so

Printed without name $9 ish

Pint Glasses Etched with name $12 or so

Printed without name $7 ish

let the opinions and 2 cents throwing begin.....

garner

1. Pint Glasses

2. I think screen printed would be pretty rad... assuming it holds up to dishwashing and such. Engraved would be fine though

3. I vote for TEX6. I'm currently getting some quotes on getting that design screened onto shirts.

I'm in for 2. Names: Monica and Mr. Monica

I too prefer etched. Mug or pint doesn't matter to me. Personalized as well.

My choices are,

OZ5

Q2

SJ8

NOTE

I added numbers to each logo for easier identification.

I am trying to get the poll function added to this forum. If/when it does I will construct a poll for it.

Good start Garner. Keep up with it though as time flies and the show is less than 4 months away.

I too prefer etched. Mug or pint doesn't matter to me.

My choices are,

OZ5

Q2

SJ8

NOTE

I added numbers to each logo for easier identification.

I am trying to get the poll function added to this forum. If/when it does I will construct a poll for it.

Good start Garner. Keep up with it though as time flies and the is less than 4 months to go.

Yes, a real poll would be helpful.

So far etched pints are in the lead. It might not be too big a deal to do both pints and mugs....we'll see

garner

Both types are acceptable, but I'm leaning toward the mug...12-16 ounce size would be optimal.

Prefer etched (for "voting" purposes).

No opinion or preference on logo design.

Definitely in for a personalized unit.

Hi This is Jerry, i really like the logo on page 4 under Zaps name the cross with the blue and yellow. I would like to buy 3 of those mugs. The first one with my name on it Bratsrus1 and the second one with Hatchbrat. The third mug to have on it BAJA 05 Let me know how much money and where to send it. Thanks Jerry

I really like my mug, but it is true, I never use it. Maybe a large pint would be better. I'd like screen printing as opposed to last years etching, unless we decide on a mug, then etching would be better. Not that my vote is very helpful or anything... :drunk:

EVen though I won't be there this year, I want some more beer mugs :D Those came in lots of handy when I went over to the neighbors house with Caboobaroo the first weekend I was here :brow: Learned the hard way my alcohol tolerance at 7200' isn't what it is at sea level :drunk:

And my vote is for etched, although I don't much care either way pint or mug (maybe option of either one??) and of course, with names Hondasucks and Honda's 86 Brat

You know how I feel G. Choose the one you choose, give 'em the choice as to whether they wanna buy it or not.

I'll take 2, ZAP and MRS. ZAP.

Yep same here, you make the choice, then we either buy them or not. By the way, put me down for 2, one with CORKY on it , the other with ANN.

Damn, democracy is hard.

I have made my choice based on some feedback in this thread and my own desires.....

Etched Pints it is.

Going to have to try a few different logos to see what works best for the process. Hopefully the artist(s) of said logos will not mind me tweaking them to make them work.....

garner

I vote 16oz Pint glasses - large enough to hold a bottle of beer and its head.

...unless the beer garden has a keg/tap, then mugs are fine and will be used appropriately boozing.gif (p.s. Light beer is not appropriate)