Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just fixed but here's my accident pictures

sooboops01.jpg

sooboops03.jpg

sooboops05.jpg

Like I said.. it's already fixed... Today is day #2 with the car and I already have a door ding in my (new) drivers door. I need to take it back because my drivers mirror vibrates with high wind or bumpy roads and the drivers door is not lined up quite right. I know I used to hear mild wind noise (on windy days) but it's much worse now. I can hear wind through both the drivers and passengers windows right up at the front near the mirrors. And the drivers side leaks in from at the rear of the window toward the bottom. They had to replace the rear wheel and i'm worried about the suspension. It drives nice, but I swear i hear a thud in the rear when I hit a speed bump a little harder than normal. Today I could swear I was hearing the notorious thump-thump-thump of a bad wheel bearing (or tires out of balance) at about 2 to 3 mph in a parking lot.

Worst part... I had just got a set of wheels and tires from a '04 that I didn't get to put on because it rained every day I planned on doing it.

Those pictures are hard to look at.

My condolences on your loss.

Now go whip those body boys into shape and make them get it right.

How hard is it to do it right the first time?

I went with the "recommended" shop from my insurance so it's a lifetime warrany on the repairs. I was going to call them today, but lost track of time. I think I'll drop by tomorrow for a little 5 minute "this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong" biznatch session. I can't imagine it's going to be easy to convince them that the passenger window leaking air is from the drivers side accident.

I went with the "recommended" shop from my insurance so it's a lifetime warrany on the repairs. I was going to call them today, but lost track of time. I think I'll drop by tomorrow for a little 5 minute "this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong" biznatch session. I can't imagine it's going to be easy to convince them that the passenger window leaking air is from the drivers side accident.

That might be a hard sell. But I'm sure its nothing new to them

Is the lifetime warrany from the repair shop or the insurance carrier

Worst part... I had just got a set of wheels and tires from a '04 that I didn't get to put on because it rained every day I planned on doing it.

But... your wheels are so much cooler. And they're wider. I'm assuming you're talking about 04 WRX wheels.

But... your wheels are so much cooler. And they're wider. I'm assuming you're talking about 04 WRX wheels.

Yep, 04 wrx. I don't think the wheels are any wider... the tires were the same size (I think?), guess I'll have to double check now.

Looks like rubber. Did you tangle with a semi?

No semi, it was an 80s pontiac. He sideswiped me and his tire ran up my car... would have taken my arm off if I had it out the window. I guess It's a good thing I had my window down too. Would have probably shattered in on me. I honestly thought it was road rage until I pulled over and the guy was soo sorry and shook up. I think he fell asleep.

QUOTE=91Loyale]A previous thread dealt with the wind noise. Just squeeze the little triangle panels up where the mirror attaches together with the window rolled down, and the noise will go away.

I'll look that up, but I think I'm going to get the insurance to fix it. There's a noticable difference between the gap at the front bottom of the door and front top of the door, I think that's the problem. The day I picked it up they had to "realign" the door because it was not lined up quite right. I think they have to take all the bolts loose at the hing instead of just move the latch like I'm sure they did.