Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A big hello from Southwest VA. just bought a 1998 Forester from a woman who didn't want to have the HG replaced. She priced the car at $2000.00, what do ya'll think? Needless to say I bought it and am in the process of getting the work done. The car has 118000 on a 2.5 so I guess it was time for them to go. Just wanted to say hey and look around a bit.

A big hello from Southwest VA. just bought a 1998 Forester from a woman who didn't want to have the HG replaced. She priced the car at $2000.00, what do ya'll think? Needless to say I bought it and am in the process of getting the work done. The car has 118000 on a 2.5 so I guess it was time for them to go. Just wanted to say hey and look around a bit.

Wow, that is quite a deal. Do you know what the KBB value is on it?

good deal man, sounds like the 99' outback i got for $1000... ended up i had a cracked block though.. i put a 2.2 out of a 95 impreza in mine, its a plug n play install really.. and i never have to worry about "if" my headgaskets are gonna go again..

if you decided to do a 2.2 if you get it apart and find a cracked block or something, just get a complete 2.2 from a 95' subaru, use your 2.5 torque converter and flex plate and drop her in.. only thing you'll have to do different is get 2 vacuum caps and plug off 2 vacuum ports that are extra, lol..

also if you get it apart and end up needing a head or something let me know, i have 2 good 2.5 heads, cams, intake, etc (the complete motor tore down) sittin in my shed.. i'll hook ya up with something.. since your close by..

congrats on the steal..

good deal man, sounds like the 99' outback i got for $1000... ended up i had a cracked block though.. i put a 2.2 out of a 95 impreza in mine, its a plug n play install really.. and i never have to worry about "if" my headgaskets are gonna go again..

if you decided to do a 2.2 if you get it apart and find a cracked block or something, just get a complete 2.2 from a 95' subaru, use your 2.5 torque converter and flex plate and drop her in.. only thing you'll have to do different is get 2 vacuum caps and plug off 2 vacuum ports that are extra, lol..

also if you get it apart and end up needing a head or something let me know, i have 2 good 2.5 heads, cams, intake, etc (the complete motor tore down) sittin in my shed.. i'll hook ya up with something.. since your close by..

congrats on the steal..

I'll keep ya in mind Moose can't decide to do a do it yourselfer or take to the shop. I have owned several vintage Soobs but know nothing of these newer models guess I'll learn.lol