Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wiring Diagram 1987 GL Wagon

So I bought a 3rd party radio and I'm in the process of installing it... one problem, the cable colors are WAY different for the pins in the Reverse harness. plus theres this black cable on the 3rd party that has this claw thing? eh? well, if anyone could help me out, greatly appreciated. right now I have no music / sound :(

http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/index.jsp

Could try the site above, it's the Subaru Technical information site. You can download service manuals including wiring diagrams. Only thing, It's not free. You have to purchase subscriptions that last from 72 hours up to 1 year. The manuals are in pdf format and you can download up to 20 manuals per hour. I did this when I rebuilt my 96 OBW, it was worth the money spent. These are the actual manuals that the dealers use when servicing your car. You could get the schematics there. Then do a reverse engineering of the wires on the radio and use wire clips on the orginal harness so that you don't have to cut off the OEM plug..

Just a thought.

Dan in Chicago

that site does not go back to 1987 - just to 1990 - ebay is a good source for literature like that search for "Subaru 1987" and look for a service manual - great to have for your car if you do your own work - if you contact whoever runs that site (it is the official Subaru Technical site) they may be able to tell you how to get that info

I do not know how an '87 is wired, and I do not have access to a scanner to give you the pinout to my '85 radio pinout (I haven't messed with my radio much)

that site does not go back to 1987 - just to 1990 - ebay is a good source for literature like that search for "Subaru 1987" and look for a service manual - great to have for your car if you do your own work - if you contact whoever runs that site (it is the official Subaru Technical site) they may be able to tell you how to get that info

I do not know how an '87 is wired, and I do not have access to a scanner to give you the pinout to my '85 radio pinout (I haven't messed with my radio much)

A mod was going to scan the guide for me and send it to me via email, what happened to them? I had to delete their name because my PM box was too full

Thanks to Skip, I got the diagram, one problem, I've never seen one so I have no clue what goes where, the only thing I can infer is where the antenna goes

http://img153.echo.cx/img153/6776/radiowiringdia6yw.jpg

Theres the Diagram

http://img242.echo.cx/img242/2332/untitled3tt.jpg

Thats the colors of each pin-out

if someone could tell me which color goes to which on the pin-outs, that'd be awesome.

Thanks!