Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Corky's Garage Saga

To say I'm pi$$ed would be an understatement. I got a call from the truss people this morning telling me that they won't be able to deliver the trusses until Friday. That means that earliest that I could get an inspector to look at the place would be Monday. So, it looks like I'll be putting up the trusses and plywood this weekend and waiting until after it gets inspected to put the roofing on.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the Ken is stealing (jk) all my help for some Subaru project on Saturday. Well If Zap can make it on Friday to help me set the trusses, I probably won't need the help on Saturday, heck I may even have time to come down and harrass, ooppss I mean help Ken.

Very Wet day today, but we still got a lot done. Zap came over and we actually managed to get all the trusses set and half a roof on. Zap is awesome with a hammer, just point him in a direction and stand back. Looks like weather isn't going cooperate, so It might not be until next Thursday or Friday (or both) before I take another day off to tackle finishing the roof. I need some rest, I'm been going at it since last Friday, I think Zap noticed how fatigued I was today. Zap, if Sunday dries out, I'll probably try to get at least the plywood up over the slanted wall so that I can get an idea of what angle to cut the roof edge at.

looks good,to bad it's small to put in a lift

or is it:brow:

It would take a lift, but only up to 8 feet, not planning to put in a lift.

Hey Zap, I didn't even notice that you took that. LOL Hey look in your nail bag, I think my snapline is hitch hiking a ride. LOL

Looking good guys, wish I could help :-\ I would love to see how fast Eric and I could put the shingles on :D
I'd love to see that too, but I have to get the sheaving and roof plywood inspected first, and that may not happen until late this week. I go back to work on Monday, so my time will be limited.

Look at Zap's picture, but think of it with all the plywood in place. I finished nailing the front side today, did the required nail every 7 inches, and cut most of the excess plywood off, just one corner left. I should be getting a call sometime tomorrow telling me when the roofing material will be delivered, but I still need to get the inspector there before I start putting that on. I'll call the inpsector and talk with him, but I'm sure he'll going to want it further along or complete before he'll inspect.

dam fast...

wish i knew there was so many roofers on here... would have been useful to know a few days ago grrr stupid shingles and insurance

dr ya gonna put a "floor pit" in so you don't have to jack up cars to work under them ?

Man, I need to get that roof on, yesterday it was really raining, so I ran out to the garage to cover some stuff up, it was just as wet inside the garage as outside. Either of you got any hints on installing the composite shingles??

Rob, what about Sunday???

If you put the tar paper up, it will hold off the rain for a year. It will definitely buy us time to get over there. Just put it on straight. :)

GImme a call, I'll do what I can.

Straight??? In relation to what??? You've been on my roof. :lol: OK, I'll do that. If I remember correctly, I start at the lower part and go upward so the upper seam overlaps the lower paper, right??

Probably won't get the inspect out until Wednesday or Thursday, Friday I'll got an AM doctor's appointment (an old guy thing), so I probably won't feel like doing anything until Saturday at the earliest.

I'll see what I can do Corky, but the wife is in the hospital again :-\
Gee, that is where I will be on Friday, but only for a few hours. I like Eric's idea of just putting the paper down until we can get a better date, I'm pretty sure that is what I'm going to do this weekend (if I pass inspection).

Gee, that is where I will be on Friday, but only for a few hours. I like Eric's idea of just putting the paper down until we can get a better date, I'm pretty sure that is what I'm going to do this weekend(if I pass inspection) .

You or the roof? :D