Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

shifter can touch the ground almost (why)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 87hatchbackturbo

87hatchbackturbo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:34 PM

i was driving to work and my shifter linkage started to feel like it was falling threw the floor i looked under the car and it is held up by nothing there is just the linkage to the trans. I can see a bump stop that looks like it is there to stop it from going up into the car. whats going on here.help please this is my daily driver (111,354 miles) runs great. it will still shift just fine but hard to hit the gears on the fly.

#2 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

Sounds like the rubber mount has broken. It should be held up to the under side of the body by one nut. You can find them in junk yards and possibly the dealer.ts stores will not have them.

#3 87hatchbackturbo

87hatchbackturbo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:06 PM

i put the linkage above the bracket you were talking about that is the one with the rubber on the bottom right and it works the nut is tight and i moved the bracket forword but i can still knock it lose when i put it in reverse and my 3rd gear is really hard to hit when iam hauling #@*. could this be syncros.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users