Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally.....

monstaru

ok, so i have been waiting to get tires forever it seems like.and being the logical person that i am (damn geminis) i decided that since i am onroad more than offroad i went ahead and got the liberators in 225/70/14.these were definitely not my first choice,not knocking them , but not my first choice.when i put the tires on i also put some rancho shocks on the back.tomorow i am coupling some kyb struts with some rx springs .my suspension seems to be coming together as well.and then tomorrow afternoon it is time to see if i can break anything.:brow:

The Liberators never are first choice; but I'm happy. You will be too for what you paid. I'm quite supprised how durable they are after tearing around on iron ore and sharp jagged rocks for a weekend. No cuts or torn lugs at all! My only complaint with them is they fill up with mud really easy and don't clean out untill you spin the tires hard, hit gravel, or pavment.

that is my biggest prob.....no camera.....baccaruda can attest that i push limits , with everything usually.even borrowing his camera:lol: just got have time when he and i can go out at the same time.soon enough.he is expecting his lift soon and his motor swap is almost done , at least i hope so.i have not seen it in a while.i drove it hard after doing the brakes and front suspension yesterday.on some pretty damn undeveloped roads today,going to and from work no less.the front struts seem to be doing well,and the brakes f-in rock.....man do i wish i had done that a while ago.anyways,gonna take it to the orv park this weekend.see what the suspension can do and see if i can really rally her.....

How are the Liberators not a first choice? They've got burly sidewalls and a wide tread. That's all you need here in the SouthWest. Granted most of you do not experience similar conditions, but for me I have yet to see a better suited 14" tire.

The ridiculously cheap price is a bonus, too.

i live in the land of the lost......i can pretty much find just about anything up here and most of it has to do with some kind of mud.every part of town and the state for that matter has a different type of soil.i am not knocking them,they may be ideal for your conditions, but not for mine.and the price is why i was not reluctant to get them.

How are the Liberators not a first choice? They've got burly sidewalls and a wide tread. That's all you need here in the SouthWest. Granted most of you do not experience similar conditions, but for me I have yet to see a better suited 14" tire.

The ridiculously cheap price is a bonus, too.

Interco products are first choice in this part of the country :drunk:

You probably won't even need to save for these suckers. They're Walmart brand and cost something like $50/tire. :D

As I recall, there was some discussion about these tires some months ago (December?) and I think someone concluded or came close to saying that these tires are made by Cooper(?). I might be off on the brand.

*hides*

I want to go work on my wagon this sunday, and I need to take pics of the GL10 seats for someone.. I'm going to pull n save saturday so i could drop the camera off on the way out, and get it back that evening before/during work downtown?