Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Finally.....

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

ok, so i have been waiting to get tires forever it seems like.and being the logical person that i am (damn geminis) i decided that since i am onroad more than offroad i went ahead and got the liberators in 225/70/14.these were definitely not my first choice,not knocking them , but not my first choice.when i put the tires on i also put some rancho shocks on the back.tomorow i am coupling some kyb struts with some rx springs .my suspension seems to be coming together as well.and then tomorrow afternoon it is time to see if i can break anything.:brow:

#2 A DOG

A DOG

Subaru Ninjai for hire

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:26 AM

Lets see some pictures of you breaking stuff.:brow:

#3 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:04 AM

The Liberators never are first choice; but I'm happy. You will be too for what you paid. I'm quite supprised how durable they are after tearing around on iron ore and sharp jagged rocks for a weekend. No cuts or torn lugs at all! My only complaint with them is they fill up with mud really easy and don't clean out untill you spin the tires hard, hit gravel, or pavment.

#4 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:28 PM

that is my biggest prob.....no camera.....baccaruda can attest that i push limits , with everything usually.even borrowing his camera:lol: just got have time when he and i can go out at the same time.soon enough.he is expecting his lift soon and his motor swap is almost done , at least i hope so.i have not seen it in a while.i drove it hard after doing the brakes and front suspension yesterday.on some pretty damn undeveloped roads today,going to and from work no less.the front struts seem to be doing well,and the brakes f-in rock.....man do i wish i had done that a while ago.anyways,gonna take it to the orv park this weekend.see what the suspension can do and see if i can really rally her.....

#5 singletrack

singletrack

EA Abuser

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Palisade, Colorado

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:57 AM

How are the Liberators not a first choice? They've got burly sidewalls and a wide tread. That's all you need here in the SouthWest. Granted most of you do not experience similar conditions, but for me I have yet to see a better suited 14" tire.

The ridiculously cheap price is a bonus, too.

#6 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:40 AM

i live in the land of the lost......i can pretty much find just about anything up here and most of it has to do with some kind of mud.every part of town and the state for that matter has a different type of soil.i am not knocking them,they may be ideal for your conditions, but not for mine.and the price is why i was not reluctant to get them.

#7 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:59 AM

How are the Liberators not a first choice? They've got burly sidewalls and a wide tread. That's all you need here in the SouthWest. Granted most of you do not experience similar conditions, but for me I have yet to see a better suited 14" tire.

The ridiculously cheap price is a bonus, too.

Interco products are first choice in this part of the country :drunk:

#8 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:56 AM

his motor swap is almost done , at least i hope so.

ha. ha. ha.

#9 spanky_pete

spanky_pete

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:55 PM

That's the same tire I'm going with once I find a set of pugs. Not a real extreme offroad tire, but still streetable. And the price is definitely a plus.

In the meantime, I'm still rocking out on my 13 inch Walmart Xtracs. :lol:

#10 subaru7

subaru7

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Veneta

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:40 AM

Liberators? What do they look like? Who makes them?I run Wild Countries in the summer time and save my AT`s for winter.

#11 MSSLGECKO

MSSLGECKO

I miss picture signatures

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Missoula

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:17 PM

You probably won't even need to save for these suckers. They're Walmart brand and cost something like $50/tire. :D
As I recall, there was some discussion about these tires some months ago (December?) and I think someone concluded or came close to saying that these tires are made by Cooper(?). I might be off on the brand.

#12 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,879 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:05 PM

So hopefully those RX springs work out for ya pretty good then:D Need some PICS man, c'mon! Me wanna see!!!

#13 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:27 PM

i will try and get baccarudas camera this weekend...i'll show her flexing:brow:

#14 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:10 AM

*hides*

I want to go work on my wagon this sunday, and I need to take pics of the GL10 seats for someone.. I'm going to pull n save saturday so i could drop the camera off on the way out, and get it back that evening before/during work downtown?

#15 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:44 AM

are you spying on me?how's you're mom?tell her i said hi.....

#16 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:41 AM

that restraining order still applies over the internet. stay away!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users