Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What size is are they?

I was going to flush brake system the other night but the 1st bleed screw I loosened was corroded and wouldnt bleed. So I decided to wait and replace all bleeds screws. I hit Napa today and picked up some 10mm x 1.0 in thread 35mm long. these are quite a bit longer than mine. So I didnt use em, I cleaned out the old ones and changed brake fluid on my lunch today. but want to replace next time.

Thanks

Chris

Good idea to replace them, I've broken some off before. There are caps for them that keep them clean, I've never found the source, tried various alternatives. I have a selection of bleed screws in my box now, from trial-and-error searches for the right one. Rebuilt calipers often come with larger bleed screws, I assume the originals were drilled out. If you just need a shorter one that seems easy, please post when you think you have the right one.

yeah I will post when I figure it out, maybe someone here knows.

As for the caps, vacuum line caps work very well. I use them for all kinds of stuff! This car didnt have them, I recently got the car and have been going thru it bit by bit.