Ultimate Subaru Message Board

holy crap check out ebay.

A friend of mine bought a brand new green one in 1973. I remember it came with a small can of touchup paint in the glove box. He traded a not so clean 66 Mustang in on it. He had it for a year or so, then the Michigan Rust Bugs started eating the car alive.

i can't believe it weighs more than my 4wd does! 3320 copmared to 2920, course with the system, chrome wheels, and all the mud mine prolly weighs a little more:rolleyes: .

the closest i've seen to one that clean is wes' white '74. hopefully i can find my camera and get some pics of it some day

-mike

i can't believe it weighs more than my 4wd does! 3320 copmared to 2920, course with the system, chrome wheels, and all the mud mine prolly weighs a little more:rolleyes: .

the closest i've seen to one that clean is wes' white '74. hopefully i can find my camera and get some pics of it some day

-mike

you realize that tag is the gross vehicle weight right?

Now thats awsome. I am going to go to bed crying now. If I had that car I would have the full model range for the 1400s. That is one in a million and I envy the person who gets it.

if you think thats your curb weight your very mistaken. im not going to spell it out for you, just go weigh your car and see.

i didn't originally mean that it had more curb weight, i just thought it was funny that my 4wd car had a lighter gvwr. i know the difference between the two, i just kinda commented on both at the same time. as usual i forgot to type some extra words to clarify what i meant

-mike

i didn't originally mean that it had more curb weight, i just thought it was funny that my 4wd car had a lighter gvwr. i know the difference between the two, i just kinda commented on both at the same time. as usual i forgot to type some extra words to clarify what i meant

-mike

ah ok you werent very clear.

It may just be me, but it reminds me a lot of the Datsun 510 wagons - the front end is different, but the sides, in particular the door handles seem VERY similar right down to the style stripe and the rear window for the cargo area - 'cept this is FWD with a flat-4 1400cc (EA63?) and the 510 had an inline 4 Nissan L-16 with 1600cc engine

kinda funny how this car reminds people of everything BUT a subaru.......

well it reminds me of an FF1 wagon. i think the front looks all subaru and so dos the rear, the ff1 is very distinktive with the split tailgate. i guess some of the dots and others had the same kind of line but non were thin like the 1400dl's

i cant belive the price is up to 2000, mine shall look this good some day i hope. now that i have a parts car it looks good.... man i wish i could find an ff1 wagon then i would own one of each stage up till legacy... oh well........