Ultimate Subaru Message Board

tires, watcha got?

Numbchux

yea yea, i know everybody asks about tires. but i want to hear what everybody's running. (maybe a good sticky)

just what year/engine, lift size, tire dimensions (standard AND metric if possible), stock springs or not (accord, RX, ?), adjustable suspension?, trimmed fenders?, wheels, and anything else that might be relevant.

so those of us putting tires on a lifted rig for the first time can have a bigger "square 1" from which to start.

I like this write-up: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=198832&posted=1#post198832 but want more info about sizes.

I've ordered a 4" Allied Armament lift, have 15" pug alloys, and adj. suspension, just need tires...

soobmater, what else is in the car (see what Numbchux ask, try and answer that too) When you ask questions, you only ever get half answers. :banghead:

I run 2" lift on my brat (ea81 of cause) replacment suspention (dunno if its special) rear torsion bars cranked to full high adjustment, fronts to go up another 1" when I get the spring compressors back form my bro, fenders not trimed yet, but planning to soon (when I get bigger tires) 14"/6" white sunraysia's, And with all that... I have 185/60/R14's.........:banghead::rolleyes: Yeah, I'm looking at getting 195/85/r14 or 215/75/r14's I'll have to trim back a couple of inchs for them tho :(

30x9.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler A/Ts on 15x7 Yota 6 lugs

84 Brat

6" lift

EA82 rear coilovers

Lightly massaged front fenderwells

Right now theres only a slight rub at 1/2 turn when the suspension flexes. I'm going to "massage" them some more here soon when I get the money to order up and tack on 31x13.50 TSLs, which should fit nicely in there and only rub about as much as the Goodyears do now. :brow:

a couple pics

185/70/14 (appx. 24.2x7.3x14) Yokohama Guardex K2 F720 snow tires on 14" Pug alloys. Vehicle is a '93 Loyale 4WD with stock suspension.

Only rubs on very large bumps when fully-loaded. With steels, it would be fine.

86 brat,4 inch byb lift ,rancho shocks in rear(special mount),kyb struts coupled with rx springs in front,14x6 pug steelies wrapped with 225/75/14 libs,fenders in front slightly massaged for turning radius whereever it needed it to avoid rubbing,i hate rubbing.rear disc brakes .

235/75 R15 (28.9"x8.5") Liberator AT, 3" BYB lift, stock EA82 SPFI (I can still go 80mph and hit 85mph down hill :brow: ), stock clutch (no it doesnt slip and yes I can lite the tires up on dry pavement), stock nonadjustable suspension, front fenders cut in half, rear fenders trimmed just enough, front wheel wells beat to snot.

205x75x14 (give + 1 inch lift)

outback struts (give +2 inch lift)

custom alum rims

2.25 cat back exhaust thru a magnaflow

engine stock with K&N box filter w/ intake crap removed from finder

Some loss in 5th gear, but still goes 90 + mph,

intake and exhaust fixed big tire weight around town...

83 Brat

3" BYB lift via PKD

205/75/14 Cooper STT's

on 14' Pug steelies

5spd d/r tranny w/ Bratsrus1 shifter conversion

1995 Legacy seats

LSD

Sony c/d player, and 6 x 9 boxes behind the seat with Sony xploid speakers in the dash

EA82 dome light

Accell superstock coil and wires

Kumho 27/8.50/14 on an impreza OBS.

They barely rub on the rear when going thru a big dip in the road. The fronts rub a little on the plastic mud guard when in reverse. (new wheel bearings on the driver's side might fix that)

88 Gl wagon

6" SJR Lift

215/75-15 M+S Snow tires (27")

stock 6 bolt steel 15"Toyota rims

stock dual-range Transaxle

no trimming or banging required

Without a tranasfer case, your tranny will love you long time for not choosing bigger tires than 27s.

And to anybody who might think it looks funny to have a tall lift and not so big tires. . . check this out. :lol: How about a 12 inch lift and 13's?

142weebleskateboard.JPG

Big-O Snow King P235 75-R15 studded snow tires on drilled 6-lug 139.5 mm rims from a Nissan Hardbody style truck. Bashed first, then fabricated a 3"-front 2"-rear lift from a block of 3"x2" aluminum stock and some steel. Might not have needed to bash with the lift, just tried to do it with a sledge first.

All new brake pads, turned rear rotors, new China front rotors, shocks, struts, tie-rod ends, ball joints, and about half of the bushings. Limited slip diff conversion, braided stainless flex brake lines all around with an as yet untested rear disk brake conversion (tonite). Rides smooth and tracks well, but the carb with 5-speed pushbutton 4wd really lacks power over 6K feet and on hills. Tires provide excellent traction on ice and snowpack, do OK in deep snow, and do OK offroad, but really need thicker tread for protection from rocks.

- James B

This is a daily driver I was looking for reliability ,Gas mileage ,drivability on long trips. Plans for bigger tires and a transfercase will probably be on the next wagon converted to a Brat style Truck for more extreame wheelin:brow: SJR

Ah that explains it. Can't wait to see the Brat with your 6" lift!