Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Custom High Flow INTAKE Problem

HI I have a problem with my 98 Legacy 2.2 Sedan. I just switched my stock intake to a custom chrome intake pipe and my car's ECU doesnt like the added air. The altitude sensor and some other sensor arent adding up. I have all the tubes getting air like they used to get from the stock air box. None of the hoses are kinked or anything like that. Engine runs great. Im curious if there is any way I can get the check engine light to go off. I have had it cleared by autozone but it keeps coming back on. Is anyone familiar with putting different intakes on subaru legacy's. My engine runs great with the new intake its just that the ECU keeps coming back on. Maybe it is not possible to have a different intake on this car without causing a code from the higher air flow. Any help would be great.

The code that is now running is from something on the subaru. I dont know the exact name but it is commonly know as the Atmospheric Pressure or Barometer sensor. Im just wondering why this thing is now all messed up after getting a bunch more air. My engine loves the intake though!!!

Every thing is connected just the way it was on the stock air box. Just pressure sensor is runing a code.

Look on the fornt of the driver's side strut tower. I think their might be a pressure sensor there with a wire and vac hose connected to it. Maybe you disconnected something there while playing with the air box.

Just a hunch.