Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat with lift and mad fender flairs in Island.(pics) gnarly legacy shot too

A DOG

Morgan, here is a shot of it in the country side...

http://www.f4x4.is/new/photoalbum/?file=oldsite/893/5545

I went to the site and found this...

http://www.f4x4.is/new/photoalbum/?file=oldsite/308/1709

It's a Samurai with a Subaru Motor?

Plain old Subaru?

http://www.f4x4.is/new/photoalbum/?file=oldsite/1635/10394

:slobber:http://www.f4x4.is/new/photoalbum/?file=oldsite/3504/23313 :slobber:

This is the site I did a search from for Subaru.

http://www.f4x4.is/new/search/default.aspx?search=subaru&category=12

They build um different than we do... :eek:

Cool Pics,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

They don't need Clearance there....It's all about Floatation.....

Clearance will net you Jack.....when you are Knee deep in Muck.....Where as wide Fat tires will lend a Mass amount to a Light ride In getting across Rotten snow, Bog-mud, or other Low/No traction situations.....

John

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkk

They don't need Clearance there....It's all about Floatation.....

Clearance will net you Jack.....when you are Knee deep in Muck.....Where as wide Fat tires will lend a Mass amount to a Light ride In getting across Rotten snow, Bog-mud, or other Low/No traction situations.....

John

Are we missing the obvious :confused:

These cars were not designed for use here! Our needs don't apply.

These vehicles have a purpose. Traveling over snowpack and soft terrain. Somehow I think they have figured out how to do that. They live there you don't.

I don't think that we have a secret idea about "clearance" that they have never thought of? Give'um some credit, if they needed it they would have built it in...

These vehicles were not designed for our terrain!

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Im just giving you guys a bunch of sh*#, all of your claims have good reasoning. There is actually nothing wrong with the beefy looking four by four loyale wagon with cheese. I just love stirring in a little commotion. Someone has to make waves and keep a thread interesting. :brow:

JM

Are we missing the obvious :confused:

These cars were not designed for use here! Our needs don't apply.

These vehicles have a purpose. Traveling over snowpack and soft terrain. Somehow I think they have figured out how to do that. They live there you don't.

I don't think that we have a secret idea about "clearance" that they have never thought of? Give'um some credit, if they needed it they would have built it in...

These vehicles were not designed for our terrain!

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Im just giving you guys a bunch of sh*#, all of your claims have good reasoning. There is actually nothing wrong with the beefy looking four by four loyale wagon with cheese. I just love stirring in a little commotion. Someone has to make waves and keep a thread interesting. :brow:

JM

Its called trolling, and no, threads dont need it to stay interesting. Thanks.

Here in the sierra's the jeepers wheel in the snow by lowering their tire pressure to just above 10psi. A guy I know can goto 2psi with his bead locks. On snow that is what you need, and those guys have perfected the art.

Mud is a totally different story. Yes, clearance will be your best bet for mud, and grippy nasty tires too.

-Brian

i like em... pretty much all of the terrain in the US warrents having such tires as they have there... maybe in the northwest territories or something... airing out your tires a little will help...

but since most of the snow i drive in is the slippery thin stuff that will send any car sliding in every which way if you so much as tap the brakes i just don't go driving... but hey i would really like to give one of those a try!:banana:

ShadyirishmenIm just giving you guys a bunch of sh*#, all of your claims have good reasoning. There is actually nothing wrong with the beefy looking four by four loyale wagon with cheese. I just love stirring in a little commotion. Someone has to make waves and keep a thread interesting. :brow:

JM

and hey... don't stir the pot to much... or else you might fall outa the pot... or perhaps get pushed...:D

Thanks for the second statement I couldn't make since of the first one. Yea it just all depends on where you live. Here clearance is key, there floaty gumballs are key. I perfer the former, but I guess im just biased because of all the nasty mud and ruts I have been playing in all of my life.

Im talking about snow that is hardpack and about 2' to 3' deep at some parts. Snow drifts can reach heights of 7' and no matter how much lift you got... you wont be driving through it.

over it is the key.

-Brian