Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I scored a 87turbogl for 300. 111.000miles

iam new to your web page. well not that new i have been reading all the info since i purchased (3wks) a 87 turbo hatchback. Is that the right name for it. I have some pics but i dont know how to post them on this site.i have done a few RR things to the suby. cv,all new brakes,all new fluids,super stock coil,took out airbox put in cone filter,mbc,boost gauge,ngk plugs at .50,next will be the exhaust. I work at a restro. shop we do hot rods or what ever pays the rent we sandblast and have a medium room. Some iam winning the rust war and soon to paint. (I have been known to talk to much) ea82t

what do you mean by cone filter? if this is a pod filter this is a bad idea on an old turbo subaru as the pod filter reduces power and draws hot air into the engine rather than cold which is what you need. it sounds like it gives you car more power but its just manifold noise the best way is the standard box with a good panel filter. unless you have a scoop blowing cold air onto the filter its a bad idea subarus get hot anyway especally olds ones no need to make this any worse..

your can sounds like an old rx coupe is it two or four door if rx are also four wheel drive permanetly and they have standard body kits they were one of the first real rally cars.

it says gl on the back and is 2 wheel drive. it is also a 2dr and has 4 wheel disc brakes with a big rubber spoiler on the back. It has a small air dame in the front and rubber pieces infront of the back tires. i have heard some call the spoiler a nerf it feels like a nerf ball. i really like this car alot its not real fast but i love old bugs and ghi too. it will burn first then catch 2nd and cherp 3rd . then i can go get the groceries. i dont thank it is a rx but did they make a hatchback or do you call it a fast back when i buy parts i tell them (87 1800 ea82t fwd 2dr hatchback). MAN I NEED TO FIGURE OUT THE PICS THING . WELL OFF TO WORK I GO WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE