Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all, this is my 1st post on this forum so please be kind to me.

I have been offered a straight swop with my Golf TDI for a Subaru Forester S/tb, I know the history of the car and am happy with that, the reason for the swop is both cars are the same value and he wants to sell the Subaru, but the GOlf will be a far easier car to sell for him. I was just wondering what others thoughts were on this vehicle. It has the Impreza engine and running gear, so 250bhp etc etc. It only has 48000 miles on the clock (nearly 30k less than my Golf) and it is an automatic.

Any views, opinions are welcome. I understand you may be a little biased but please try and be as unbiased as you can ;-)

You will sacrifice the Impreza's handling characteristics, but you will love the torque your engine will have. Subaru specifically designed the overseas Forester 2.0T's to have more low-end torque over high-end HP.

I am fervently against VW's anyway, so naturally I will tell you to go with the Forester and take pics!! :)

UK spec S turbo only has 180 hp, unless it's been magic'd,but plenty of torque. Trouble is, that auto box doesn't know it, and will keep you spinning from 4-6ooo rpm. Aint life a ***************. Get the Fo, and wonder why VWs are so popular.