Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What is the plastic dish-type piece in the backseat?

I'm sure somebody out there knows what I'm talking about.

In my '98 OBW there is a plastic dish-type piece in the middle of the backseat in the backrest (upright) part of the seat. It looks like something may fit in there like an armrest or something. My son uses it to put his pencils and french fries in, but I don't think that's what Subaru had in mind for it.

thanks

In my '98 OBW there is a plastic dish-type piece in the middle of the backseat in the backrest (upright) part of the seat. It looks like something may fit in there like an armrest or something. My son uses it to put his pencils and french fries in, but I don't think that's what Subaru had in mind for it.

thanks

That's where you shove the seat belt buckles when flipping the seat bottom up before flipping the backrests down. My 96 has it as well. It functions as a holder when you flip the seat bottom down and you don't have to fish around for the buckles and pull them out. :-\

thanks

How many french fries can it hold? :-)