Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest 3/USMB Campout - Pics added in the posts near the end

This is primarily going to be a USMB Campout weekend, with a Subaru Gathering on Saturday. Hopefully we'll get a bunch of soobs from the DSM area to come up.

Dates: August 5-7

Rough Schedule:

Friday August 5

5:00 PM - ?? Those camping Check into Campgrounds, Hang Out.

Saturay August 6

???? Wake-up, eat breakfast, hang out

12 Noon - 4:00 PM: MidWest 3 Subaru Gathering

4:00 - 4:30PM: clean-up shelter site

4:30 - ???? Tour of Des Moines Area & other stuff.

Sunday August 7

Wake-up :)

other activities

Go Home

This is gonna be a 2 stage type gathering.

a USMB Weekend Campout, with a Soobie Show/Shine on Saturday open to all soobie folks :)

I figure the show/shine will be from 10am - 5pm roughly.

more details to be ironed out, but at least you can mark your calendars...

Here's the folks who expressed interest in the other thread...

========================================

Name.......................People..............Vehicles

========================================

CO-eyesore......................1-2...................1

CO-ShawnW.....................2......................1......and 1 dog

CO-OffRoadSubaruguy........1......................1

IA-McBrat........................2......................1

IA-imprzya.......................1......................2....?

IA-jnorth85......................1......................1

IA-WE R ND......................1......................1

IA-roybfr..........................1......................1

IL-Moodybluesr..................auto-x-iing..............

IN-MilesFox

MN-Numbchux...................2......................1-2

MN-MorganM............N/A....bringing another soob fan into the world.....

MN-ElCaminoKurt................2......................1

MN-Tcat55371

MN-Archemitis ?

MO-Syrinx.........................2......................1

SD-Chef Tim & Vickaroo......2......................2.......and 2 dogs

SD-dave valiant.................1......................1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, I've got a shelter house (Cottonwood #4) reserved, and there's 104 parking spaces there.

There are a couple of different camping areas available there as well. I will be checking them out, then probably will do a group reserve.

on weekends, for camping it's a 2 night minimum.... so Friday/Saturday night....

here's a link to the site.

http://www.saylorvillelake.org/

will follow up with more info after I check things out a little more....

Guest Vickaroo

Hey Mick need help with anything at all??? IM either Tim or Me, (Youll get help faster from me) lol he forgets!!! :rolleyes: What about the cost for the shelter did it cost anything and should we all pitch in??? Vicky

Hey Mick need help with anything at all??? IM either Tim or Me, (Youll get help faster from me) lol he forgets!!! :rolleyes: What about the cost for the shelter did it cost anything and should we all pitch in??? Vicky

nah, I've got it covered.....

I've got a couple offers of help from some NASIOC guys in DSM...

Mick count me in.This is absolutely perfect.That is the date for the Sturgis Motor Cycle Rally.My least favorite time of the year.I will probably be attending by myself.Tim and Vicky I will be getting ahold of you for travel plans.Shawn if you want to caravan across SD with me just let me know in a pm.Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarifiy; The event is the 6th-7th, (sat,sun) but the camping is the 5th & 6th.(fri,sat)

I'll likely be leaving after work on Fri, and won't hit Iowa till Sat morn. Gonna need to sleep in there somewhere...SO, When are most people planning to get/be there?

Should I push on into DSM to get in on early Sat stuff, or should I sleep & aim for Sat eve or Sun? I'll be staying w/ Mom, 45 min away, so once there, I can be in DSM within an hour.

I realize it's early for detailed details, just got to thinkin, and don't want to miss out on possible fun. (like 2 miles of bottomless mud :drunk: .)

Just to clarifiy; The event is the 6th-7th, (sat,sun) but the camping is the 5th & 6th.(fri,sat)

I'll likely be leaving after work on Fri, and won't hit Iowa till Sat morn. Gonna need to sleep in there somewhere...SO, When are most people planning to get/be there?

Should I push on into DSM to get in on early Sat stuff, or should I sleep & aim for Sat eve or Sun? I'll be staying w/ Mom, 45 min away, so once there, I can be in DSM within an hour.

I realize it's early for detailed details, just got to thinkin, and don't want to miss out on possible fun. (like 2 miles of bottomless mud :drunk: .)

Event is kind of a strong word :)

basically it's a fairly un-organized gathering of soobie freaks, with the main "show" being on Saturday the 6th at the shelter, and it's a BYOBev/Food deal, as there won't be enough people to warrant the same facilities as WCSS7 :) . the rest of the time (friday night, saturday night, sunday morning) it's a USMB campout. I will have some driving routes laid out just for "cruising" the local places of interest, but Polk County is like 99.8% paved, so no bottomless mud this time around....

I need to get going on getting the camping spots, so please, everyone, let me know if you need a camping spot... I need to dig my notes out again and see how we can work it....