Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest 3/USMB Campout - Pics added in the posts near the end

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micky, are there any cheap motels close by??? I did a search but I'm not familiar with the area so I don't know what exactly is close at hand. I've already been informed that we won't be camping......LOL. Later, Tim

Saylorville is North of the metro area. The closest would be anything on the following roads...

Merle Hay Rd.

NE 14th

2nd Ave.

I'll do some scouting about...

I think hotels.com or some site like that can do a closest to address thing...

I'll check on that too....

okay, been doing some research on the camping available there, and I will be checking out the areas this weekend....

I'm focusing on the C loop of the Cherry Glen Campground at Saylorville.

C Loop has showers, restrooms, and a playground.....

most sites allow for 6 people total, and anywhere from 1 to 3 vehicles.

so right now, I'm looking at getting 4 sites to accomodate those of us that want to camp.... (that have stated so...)

But may just leave it up to the individual to get their own site... not sure yet how to handle....

changing title of thread so I can get more camping info....

will look at other areas (outside of Saylorville) if I find any.....

Guest Vickaroo
:) Thanks Mick for all the hard work you are putting into this for us here.... You should get a raise for this buttttttttttt you wont...:brow: But really Thank You for doing the leg work. Also just my 2 cents worth a camping site with showers and elect would be very very good. And did I say Thanks? Vicky

Well, there will be 2 of us, we're planning around it, and we will be only one car, even if she get's a subie by then, we're not driving 2 cars down there. so one car, one tent, very limited requirements, even willing to split a site with someone else if that's possible. what can I say, I'm a college kid!

oh yea, and THANKS MICK!!!!!!!

well, I went to check out the campgrounds today. very cool looking area... and some of the places that they list as no shade, are wrong. lots of trees throught... pretty big area... I want to get the sites all adjoining if possible. lots of campers and lots of tents there this weekend. this area has 127 sites with electric hookup :) most are tent or camper...

okay, I have sites 69-72 reserved so far at the Cherry Glen campground.

trying to get 73 and 74 as well, but they would only let me reserve 4 Max....

email has been sent for assistance to Tim/Vicky....

oh yeah, after driving through there this past weekend, and the proximity to the lake, be sure to have plenty of bug spray :)

Guest Vickaroo

Hey Mick We got your email and Im not sure if the one I replied to worked (Tims side of the computer) But Ill check into the sites and call you tonight. Tim is out of town again... So Ill see what I can done here on my end....Vicky

Guest Vickaroo

FYI..... I got the sites 73 and 74 so its all set up. Just so everyone knows.... I left you a message Mick... Vicky

FYI..... I got the sites 73 and 74 so its all set up. Just so everyone knows.... I left you a message Mick... Vicky

awesome.... :)

thanks. I'll post some more on Wed. during normal hours :) ... I just got in from installing a new intake on the Brat... having idle issues, and I'm not sure I'm happy with how I had to hook up the manual choke....

It is definately too early to tell if I can take leave for that weekend, but if I can, then Saturday should be a go, and I will be living at home :)

I will more than likely be in my jetta :drunk: , but the brat still goes :-p

Grimes IA is close by and has a nice hotel

:banana:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

we can straighten out the camp site fees and such when we gather. With the ones Vicky reserved, and the 4 I got, we can fit a bunch of people, and divide up the fees accordingly :)

hoping my Brat makes it through WCSS7 okay :)

• 2 weeks later...

looks good, just thought I'd bump this up to the top.

looks like we'll be coming in either super late Friday night, or saturday morning sometime. I hope that isn't a problem with the 2 night minimum thing, since there's a bunch of us splitting a few sites.

looks like there's ~20 people, in 13-14 cars, in 6 sites...not bad (just counting from the list on post 1)

Hey everyone this thing sounds absolutly awesome for central Iowa. It is too bad I have to goto the zoo in Omaha on the 6th. I am a new member of this here site. I have a 92 Loyale wagon 4x4, and have also had an 89 DL wagon 4x4, 89 4dr sedan, and a beautiful 81 GL wagon. I hope to come find everyone friday night. Come everyone introduce yourselves so when I show up we will all know each other. hehe :D