Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest 3/USMB Campout - Pics added in the posts near the end

i will be there fri eve or sat morn....

anyone mapquest the location yet?

lol

i was NOT asking for directions, no nononono

From I-35 north of Des Moines: Take exit 90(Ankeny Industrial Parkway) to Hwy 160 west 2.4 miles and becomes Hwy 415. Take Hwy 415 north for 4.1 miles. At the campground sign get into left turn lane, take northwest 94th Ave for .6 mile to the campground.

Cherry Glen Campground

5600 NW 78TH AVE

JOHNSTON IA 50131-1941

For more information about the park, please call ( 515)964-8792

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vickaroo

Use the Yahoo maps and it will give you turn by turn and the miles you will be going... Also if You do come let Tim and I know you can use our place as a rest stop and we can convoy over to the meet. So far its going to be David from the "black hills" driving his Brat? ( I think) Me:brow: Ill be driving the chevy truck cause the OB is getting a new motor and wont be done yet (I dont think) Knowing Tim who knows...:lol: Plus Ill be pulling the pop-up behind me and one Poo Hound in the front with me. Tim is brining his Hatch with the other poo hound with him... We will have CB's and my cell.

Will Jess be comming with you? I hope so I cant wait to meet her..... Vicky

yeah she'd come with me, and our mutt Scooter.. dont' worry, only thing he does with other dogs is sniff lol.. might be a good weekend trip lol.. wow it's closer than I thought, 670 miles, something like that.. 10 hours estimated driving time.. Where at in SD are you guys??

I can't make it. I am very upset but it isn't all bad.Our asphalt business is starting to get back logged with business.Almost every job we have done we have been asked if we can come back and put down another load,Some 2 or 3 more.So if anyone is going to be heading to the meet and heading through the black hills send me a pm and stop in and say hi.Wish I was going but will be there in spirit.Oh yeah,Vicky, my Brat died of terminal cancer.I would have been driving my 87 Wagon.Dave

Guest Vickaroo
:( Awwwwwwww Dave it wont be the same without you. Now who am I going to sing to on the CB???? You know my all time favorite the "WORM SONG"... But I understand with all you are going through. But you will be missed.... Hondasucks....You guys still got Scooter??? Too cool!!!! I really hope you and Jess can come I think this Meet is going to be AWESOME!!!! Just a couple more weeks and its going to be TIME!!!!! Vicky

:( Awwwwwwww Dave it wont be the same without you. Now who am I going to sing to on the CB???? You know my all time favorite the "WORM SONG"...
Vicky, I'm sure you wont have any problems finding another victim:-p.I find it hard to believe Tim would shut the CB off on you. Have fun everyone I wish I were going.Dave

Guest Vickaroo
Vicky, I'm sure you wont have any problems finding another victim:-p.I find it hard to believe Tim would shut the CB off on you. Have fun everyone I wish I were going.Dave

:brow: Dave how'd you get to know me so well???????

yeah she'd come with me, and our mutt Scooter.. dont' worry, only thing he does with other dogs is sniff lol.. might be a good weekend trip lol.. wow it's closer than I thought, 670 miles, something like that.. 10 hours estimated driving time.. Where at in SD are you guys??

Andrew, easiest way for you would be to hop on 80 and just scoot across. Just remember to have someone talking to you through Nebraska so you don't go to sleep.... at least it's green in Iowa :)

I'll probably bring one of my Brat's up to the camprgrounds, and have my wife drive the Ski Wagon or other Brat up for the "show" on saturday.

maybe take a volunteer back to my house to get the 3rd one for the show on saturday.....

Guest Vickaroo

Mick.... Like your really going to have to twist someones arm to drive one of your subarus.... Shessssssssh what are you thinking.... :lol: Its getting close!!!! Vicky

When we started the west coast shows (PNWSEC) I "forced" my best friend, who hated subarus, to drive my 82 while I drove the 78. He has never stopped complaining! Of course he joking a bit, we had a great time. In fact he went again some years later to Thurston ORV which was a blast and didn't complain at all. Although he still gives me a hard time about Soobies.

I sold my 78 to Tommy so only one car this year.

I wonder if Tommy will make it? I'd like to see how it's coming along.....

Looking forward to seeing you all-

Kurt

I am really excited! I am going to do a few last minute things to the Brat, but I took all day Friday off! The wife just has the afternoon off, so we will probably be down in time for dinner. Is everybody just doing their own thing for food? Not to sound like a drunk, but is alcahol allowed in the campground? I know its not allowed in some state parks. Anyways, I am really looking forward to meeting everybody! Kurt

I am really excited! I am going to do a few last minute things to the Brat, but I took all day Friday off! The wife just has the afternoon off, so we will probably be down in time for dinner. Is everybody just doing their own thing for food? Not to sound like a drunk, but is alcahol allowed in the campground? I know its not allowed in some state parks. Anyways, I am really looking forward to meeting everybody! Kurt

yeah, there's nothing formal planned foodwise all weekend. just a campout :) with a soobie show in the middle.

there's a couple of local new gen people confirmed attendance so far....

arrrrg! go figure... sorry guys, I cant make it, and only due to my relatives from the east coast coming to visit @ the lake cabin in WI this same weekend... and I cant miss them, I dont get to see them very often at all.... I will make it to the next outing though if there is no plans premade for me! if this job I am going after works out, I should have a pretty neat shift (a 3day/12hr+ every other sunday?) so lots of time to play! (and sleep :lol: )

have fun, and take good pictures to share with those who missed out on a good time! ;)

McBrat: Could you post the exact location of the meet again? *edit* Nevermind I found it */edit* I can't seem to find it in this huge thread. I *MIGHT* make it down for SAT. It would have to be a one day deal; head down that morning and head out that night. Still have to run it by my wife. Baby won't be born till 12AUG; sheduled c-sections make it easier to plan things! :brow:

OOPS! I got a wedding to go too on SAT! :-p Well better luck next year right? Have fun!

okay, here we go....

here's the campground map.

http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/Saylorville/CherryGlenCampground.cfm

we have sites 69-74, all sites have electricity. bring firewood if ya got it....

I have to show up with a photo ID on Friday evening. if you get there, and I'm not there yet, give me a call 515.321.3709

I'm packing up some stuff tonight. my camping vehicle is going to be the SkiWagon.... :)

here's the other map...

http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/Saylorville/LakeMap.cfm

I'll post some other maps I did later....