Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest 3/USMB Campout - Pics added in the posts near the end

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chux, may I recomend spending the night in the Cabela's parking lot? I know they alow people to camp there overnight, so no one will bother you. you can just get off at the Clinton Falls exit, just north of Owatonna. Take a right at the end of the off ramp, and then at the stop sign, take a left. I think the camping parking lot is the one on the south side of the store. See you tommorow, Kurt

aweswome pics! we ended up with 14 soobs total. 1 guy showed up at about 3:50 PM saturday in a nice OBW, and we had another Brat at the campsite Sunday morning.... :brow:

I'll post pics later tonight.....

I made the 13 mile trip home without issue :lol:

We're in the drive way at home!!!!! So nice to have a car that just does what it's supposed to do:grin: . That was a great weekend, thanks Mick for getting things lined up. Great to see old friends and make some new ones. Well, gotta get the camper cleaned out. Later, Tim & Vicky & Tess & socks

Home safe and sound.

We pulled in at 7pm so it ended up being about 6 1/2 hours back. We went down 35 to 70 and over instead, just to have a straight Hwy shot. A little longer, but smoother. I even got the Brat to stabalize (with out shaking) at 70 mph for extended periods, and she ran smooth.

We had a great time. Taylor had a blast playing with Indy all weekend and didn't complain about ANYTHING! Wow. Of course the marshmallows probably helped a bit!

Not a drop of mud to be seen, unless you were down by the lake... The weather was beautiful too.

It's always fun seeing friends that you don't get to see very often and this was no exception. Tim and Vicky (and the girls), Mick and Indy, Kurt and Christine (sp?), Matt and Sarah, and of course Taylor and I - all had a chance to spend time around the campfire. AND I WASN'T WORRIED ABOUT MOWING THE LAWN!

With Indy picking up all the bottlecaps, and Taylor picking up all the pine cones, that place was imaculate!!!

The meet at the shelter went well and we did have the Impreza's to balance out the old school. (A silver Celica snuck in there at one point... :-0 ). Eyesore, Subiemech, and Russ (forgot his board name) made it, along with "Bill"- he showed up at the last minute in his black legacy, just as we were pulling out, so he followed us back to the campsite for a bit.

I hope I didn't forget anybody, I enjoyed meeting averyone.

Thanks Mick for doing the organizing, and Tim/Vicky for helping out with reservations. The campsite was very well run and very clean, I was quite impressed.

I'll post my pic's later, but right now I have to get back to work...

Later-

Kurt

Guest Vickaroo

I had a WONDERFUL TIME!!!!! For once Tim and I had a incedent free trip!!! :clap:

The Meet was AWESOME!!!!!! Mick you out did yourself!!!! Thank You!!!! Thank YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! The Camp site was breathtaking... The lake was right behind us and the campsites where clean and huge!!!!! And the RESTROOMS well everyone knows the importance of that to us girls, well they we Wonderful... Warm showers and CLEAN!!!! VERY VERY CLEAN!!!!!

I gotta say my favorite time was the time we all spent around the camp fires, and watching the kids have so much fun... Also seeing Tim roast the marshmellos for for Taylor..... Im still not sure why he would roast hers and steal the ones I was doing for the puppies.... And its true the Subbie guys do everything in a big way the camp fire kept growing and growing (thanks to Mick!!!!)

Khristine and Shara it was so cool to meet you two also... We had 2 Kurts (how often does that happen?) and you both made me smile so much my lips got numb... :) Matt you are one smart young man.... and your subbie is just so cool... (this guy looses a bolt and walks the path back to find it and poof here Matt and Shara comes and in no time back on it went... blew me away...Oh yeah and Eyeshore I love your new hatch... and the tires are too cool......

Welp I could go on and on but I wont just had to tell eveyone it was so cool to meet you or see you again... And we will be there next year... Untill then keep the post comming and stay safe.... Vickaroo.......

• 3 months later...